Danilo & His "Cronies" Are So Proud Of Their Latest Achievement!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This week they were taking bows, and slapping each other on their "Fat Backs"!
Why?
They have just put ONE BILLION US Dollars, up for sale on the international bond market!
They laud that the second largest amount in the last 10 years was ONLY 250 million dollars.
They go on to say that the interest rate of aprox. 6 %, is the lowest interest rate they have ever had to pay.
And we thought "Pichardo" was a "Spin Doctor"!!!!!
They can't pay the debt they currently owe.
This money will be used in part to pay "other" debt.
Borrow money, to pay for older borrowed money????
Can this "Ponzi Scheme work??
You Deside.
Personally, I love it!
Makes my US dollars worth more, as the DR peso collapses.
If you are stuck with DR pesos,spend faster. :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
When interest rates are practically negative, 6% shows low confidence in the DR.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
This week they were taking bows, and slapping each other on their "Fat Backs"!
Why?
They have just put ONE BILLION US Dollars, up for sale on the international bond market!
They laud that the second largest amount in the last 10 years was ONLY 250 million dollars.
They go on to say that the interest rate of aprox. 6 %, is the lowest interest rate they have ever had to pay.
And we thought "Pichardo" was a "Spin Doctor"!!!!!
They can't pay the debt they currently owe.
This money will be used in part to pay "other" debt.
Borrow money, to pay for older borrowed money????
Can this "Ponzi Scheme work??
You Deside.
Personally, I love it!
Makes my US dollars worth more, as the DR peso collapses.
If you are stuck with DR pesos,spend faster. :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Well... Unlike the US Treasury, the DR can't print endless dollars and make up infinite electronic IOU's.

The debt that this "new" debt will repay will be of higher rates and longer terms. That's to say it's nothing far more than a loan modification on your house for better terms. You free-up more cash to pay other "important" things like Education, Health and infrastructure while reducing the term of years and burden to the state in one shot.

A ponzi is when you don't produce any money to cover the expenses other than recycling the newcomer's $$$ into the pyramid. Here we have a big chunk of cash that's going to do more good than bad short of long term!

The only thing better than this, would be a reduction or elimination of the deficit by the administration by the end of his term.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Well... Unlike the US Treasury, the DR can't print endless dollars and make up infinite electronic IOU's.
The debt that this "new" debt will repay will be of higher rates and longer terms. That's to say it's nothing far more than a loan modification on your house for better terms. You free-up more cash to pay other "important" things like Education, Health and infrastructure while reducing the term of years and burden to the state in one shot.
A ponzi is when you don't produce any money to cover the expenses other than recycling the newcomer's $$$ into the pyramid. Here we have a big chunk of cash that's going to do more good than bad short of long term!
The only thing better than this, would be a reduction or elimination of the deficit by the administration by the end of his term.

it is fantastic how i understand every word you said separately yet together they do not make sense...

(it's not you, it's me...)

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
When interest rates are practically negative, 6% shows low confidence in the DR.

Soooo... Years prior to this, when the economy was high flying in GDP+++, the rates were higher there was more confidence? LOL!!!!!

Just keep paying attention as the rates for the DR continue to fall, until it meets the average for upper middle income countries unlike today.

I can bet you that in less than 6 or a maximum 8 years, the DR will be exporting more in value than it imports today any given Fiscal Year.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PICHARDO: Is that when the exchange rate will be 28 DR pesos to the US dollar? (The natural level as you referred to it some time back.)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Soooo... Years prior to this, when the economy was high flying in GDP+++, the rates were higher there was more confidence? LOL!!!!!

Just keep paying attention as the rates for the DR continue to fall, until it meets the average for upper middle income countries unlike today.

I can bet you that in less than 6 or a maximum 8 years, the DR will be exporting more in value than it imports today any given Fiscal Year.

you are trying to be funny, right?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Way before!

Once the DR Pesos move to e-money, it will be truly free from control and based on a true xchange rate dictated by the markets.

In what century will there only be e-money in the DR? I would actually prefer what decade it will happen in.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Strip away IMF and petrocaribe cheese, and the GDP ain't crap...

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Strip away IMF and petrocaribe cheese, and the GDP ain't crap...

Strip away IMF and PetroChavez and the DR WILL turn competitive overnight!

Lazy people don't work unless they MUST do so to eat and most importantly to Drink and Party...

If you don't know the DR by now, then you'll never "get it" Robert!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Strip away IMF and PetroChavez and the DR WILL turn competitive overnight!

Lazy people don't work unless they MUST do so to eat and most importantly to Drink and Party...

If you don't know the DR by now, then you'll never "get it" Robert!
That message doen't work in the US and won't work here.

Free Cheese-or chicken or beer-buys votes. That's how elections are won in the DR.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I like what Brazil did a few years back and told the I.M.F. to keep their loans and go pound sand! It scares me when a nation gets into debt to these international credit sharks. This can't be good for the d r.! How can D.R ever pay back loans of this size. What will be the pound of flesh the I.M.F. will want if the D.R. can't repay this loan?