Dentist

Tamika Wilson

Apr 14, 2013
I am coming to DR for surgery with Dra.Yily De Los Santos in July. I would like to get my teeth done while I am there. I would like to get a cleaning and then porcelain veneers. How many days prior to my surgery should I see the dentist because once I have surgery there is no way I will be able to sit for dental work and I want it all done at the same time. Also I sent an email to Dr. Florentino Encarnacion. I read a lot of good reviews for him and his prices were reasonable. Can anyone give other recommendations

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
I am coming to DR for surgery with Dra.Yily De Los Santos in July. I would like to get my teeth done while I am there. I would like to get a cleaning and then porcelain veneers. How many days prior to my surgery should I see the dentist

Wouldn't your question be best directed at Dra. Santos. Only she can "guesstimate" how long her procedures and follow-ups will take.

Tamika Wilson

Apr 14, 2013
Wouldn't your question be best directed at Dra. Santos. Only she can "guesstimate" how long her procedures and follow-ups will take.

Yes I'm sure he would but I was asking because I'm sure there are people who have had the procedure done before so I would like to get an idea of how long it was for them.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
Yes I'm sure he would but I was asking because I'm sure there are people who have had the procedure done before so I would like to get an idea of how long it was for them.

Kind of tough without diagnosis and treatment planning i.e which teeth, how many, the doctor's skills, limitations, etc.

Additionally, also hard to say without knowing if the doctor sends your mold/model out to a dental laboratory on the island or offshore i.e. mexico, US, which in turn constructs your veneer(s) and sends them back- hopefully without the need for do overs (rework).

Again, best bet is to ask your doctor- she should know what her turnaround for veneers is. Otherwise you are asking, "how long is a piece of string". Hope this helps.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
do any one know the cost of a cleaning in santo domingo

I lost a filling in January, and went to a dentist in SD - I asked price for cleaning and she said 1000 pesos.

Just had my teeth cleaned in December in NJ - $150.00. Quite a price spread there.......