LasCanas ApartHotel for a month in June

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone have info on this complex? I'm thinking of renting 2 bed. apt. for June.

Bigfoot

Aug 23, 2010
Las Canas

Anyone have info on this complex? I'm thinking of renting 2 bed. apt. for June.
I love this place. Huge pool..... Fantastic restaurant, Tiki bar in the middle of the pool, convience store with all the things you need but you don't want to go to playero... It's not far from Sosua... normally I would walk down to Sosua just to get some exercise, moto conchos go up and down the road all the time so transportation isn't a problem, they also have a van if there is a group that wants to go specific locations...chica friendly, all apartments have kitchens if you can cook with full size fridge...there are 3 other restaurants nearby.... I highly recommend it.... The food is fantastic...italian, but it's a little pricey ... but the pizza and calzones are fantastic

Mark835

Nov 28, 2005
I have had an apartment there for a few years and love it. Don't believe what you hear about the restaurant, the Italian chef is really good.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
what happened to the restaurant - it used to be nice but a bit pricey

I was advised by a long term renter at Las Canas that the food was currently not very good. I don't have recent personal experienc, but I agree it was good at one time.

edk0514

Mar 15, 2008
Las Canas is one of the "best kept secrets " in Sosua area .
Look at their web site lascanas.net
I rent a 1 bedroom apartment for $500 dollars a month !
ILOVE IT HERE .....it is so quiet !

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Agree with all posted except the walking part. Walking along any road in the DR is dangerous. Drivers have no regard for pedestrians and many are drunk at all hours of the day and night. You take your life in your hands to walk along any road that has traffic. Many people do it, many are killed and or maimed.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
left out one thing. The swimming pool is spectacular. Its gigantic and the very best thing about the place. Only negative is that they do not allow naked swimming with your chica.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
left out one thing. The swimming pool is spectacular. Its gigantic and the very best thing about the place. Only negative is that they do not allow naked swimming with your chica.

They might allow it if you got a chica for Walter.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I contacted them on two different occasions through their website and never received a reply.
Obviously they lack professionalism and don't care about the business.

Call 809-571-1522 and ask for Natalie. They don't do business on the web.