Riu Bachata resort...

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I heard there's not that much things to do out side the resort. I've checked the google map and it looks like it's just a little past the Maimon? From those that has recently stayed there, any advise on to do, place to go and place to eat near by? Or am I better off staying in at resort?

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
If you are going from POP to the resort it is before Maimon, by only a quarter of a mile or so. If you enjoy fresh fish/sea food, leave the resort and turn right on the main road, you can walk this distance. Suggest the third from the last place on your left, sorry bad directions, but it is the third one from the end on the left. The fish is fresh and cheap. People are great, though little English. I'm sure the other places are good but my wife and I enjoy this place about twice a week. As for things to do outside the resort, well there is nothing else within walking distance. You can go out on the main road and wait for a ride in a small van with lots of other folks. But if you are not sure where to go then its tough to tell you when to get off. POP has a lot to offer, just depends on what you are interested in. Send me a PM and if my wife and I are free perhaps we can do something. I think you have access to the other 2 resorts in that complex, well that was the case the last time we stayed there, but its still a resort, not really the Dominican Republic. Enjoy Phil

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
If you are going from POP to the resort it is before Maimon, by only a quarter of a mile or so. If you enjoy fresh fish/sea food, leave the resort and turn right on the main road, you can walk this distance. Suggest the third from the last place on your left, sorry bad directions, but it is the third one from the end on the left. The fish is fresh and cheap. People are great, though little English. I'm sure the other places are good but my wife and I enjoy this place about twice a week. As for things to do outside the resort, well there is nothing else within walking distance. You can go out on the main road and wait for a ride in a small van with lots of other folks. But if you are not sure where to go then its tough to tell you when to get off. POP has a lot to offer, just depends on what you are interested in. Send me a PM and if my wife and I are free perhaps we can do something. I think you have access to the other 2 resorts in that complex, well that was the case the last time we stayed there, but its still a resort, not really the Dominican Republic. Enjoy Phil
Thanks Phil.

I'll be coming from Santiago, and I've been to Playa Dorada part of resort many times but this would be my first for outside of Playa Dorada. Some how Playa Dorada offer best rate when ever I end up north. And I really wanted to go Cabarate this time but I guess the church couldn't resist the offer. Perhaps when our office people go at end of this month I would suggest to find something in Cabarete. I was just wondering if there's any other things to do nearby beside eat and drink all day and night.

I guess everyone has their own favorite Maimon restaurant and I stopped by two restaurants so far but I am going to try your suggestion this time. PM me if you want to meet. I will be there with bunch of Koreans (Church people) but I think I will bring my own car. So leave me a PM if you want few cold beer or two near by.

Sonny.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011

I would think twice before walking. There are no sidewalks, so you would basically be in the street. With the way that Dominicans drive, I would be hesitant.

If you can convince your group to go to Cabarete next time, there are a lot of places to walk to.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
By all means. Check out Cabarete and yes, Sosua as well the next time.

Enjoy.