Cofresi to Costambar

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Real quick. Could somebody tell me the taxi rate from Cofresi to Costambar. I know I will have to deal with the taxi mafia in Cofresi. I just want to know beforehand if I happen to book a hotel there and don't want the drivers playing games with the fares. Thanks to all in advance.

-JBars

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it looks like no one does this road in a cab. i would think they will charge 250 pesos, knowing the bastards. possibly more. if i were you i would insist on 250 or 5 dollars, whichever is easier for you. first ask how much and then make a firm stand: this or nothing.
alternatively walk to the main road and hail a motoconcho (they hang around cofresi entrance). pay 100 pesos.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Real quick. Could somebody tell me the taxi rate from Cofresi to Costambar. I know I will have to deal with the taxi mafia in Cofresi. I just want to know beforehand if I happen to book a hotel there and don't want the drivers playing games with the fares. Thanks to all in advance.

-JBars

Just walk along the beach. Locals do it all the time and we do when we feel we need exercise....which is not very often......but it can be and is done daily by many people.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Just walk along the beach. Locals do it all the time and we do when we feel we need exercise....which is not very often......but it can be and is done daily by many people.

I wouldn't mind, but it would be tough with a large piece of luggage.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
They charge 200 pesos just from Ocean World to Cofresi Palms, and THATS WITHIN COFRESI only about 800 yards. I think you will end up paying US$10 or RD$400. They might try to charge more.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
jeezas, you joking. last time i used a taxi from costambar (a while ago, admittedly) they charged 250 to go to the city... so much further than cofresi-costambar ride.
boggles your mind how come taxis in SD can be so cheap, but not here...

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
jeezas, you joking. last time i used a taxi from costambar (a while ago, admittedly) they charged 250 to go to the city... so much further than cofresi-costambar ride.
boggles your mind how come taxis in SD can be so cheap, but not here...

They have that taxi mafia BS going on in Cofresi.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, i know, but this bad? it is a real shame. again, no regulations whatsoever, only greed. and everyone would benefit from keeping those sindicalistas by the throat with clear display of rates and low taxi prices.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
yes, i know, but this bad? it is a real shame. again, no regulations whatsoever, only greed. and everyone would benefit from keeping those sindicalistas by the throat with clear display of rates and low taxi prices.

I will tell them in Spanish I am not paying a for a 5 km. ride.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Go talk to chris at chris and Madys he will get you the best rate, he might even give you a ride as he goes there all the time.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Chris and Mady's is a restraunt in cofresi just before you get to ocean world on the left , Chris is from Canada , very nice guy, been here 27 yrs. or so , go there during the daytime and talk with him, have a couple cold ones,he can tell you everything you want to know about this area.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Chris and Mady's is a restraunt in cofresi just before you get to ocean world on the left , Chris is from Canada , very nice guy, been here 27 yrs. or so , go there during the daytime and talk with him, have a couple cold ones,he can tell you everything you want to know about this area.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the advice. I will give him a visit. Can you PM me and I will tell him you sent me. Thanks again!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

I've been eating there for years,

Chris is a great guy!!

Nice place.....

Chris & Mady's Place

B J

Feb 20, 2013
I wouldn't mind, but it would be tough with a large piece of luggage.

Put it on your back or hire a haitian to carry it whilst you walk with a beer in your hand, but make sure you wear a cap its getting hot in hererrrrr:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: