Tourist Card

southerngirl

May 22, 2013
Traveling June 20, and would like to purchase the tourist card online to save time. I went to the site but can't figure out if I am able to print the card after purchasing or if I need to allow enough time for mailing.

Any information would be helpful!

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Buying your turist card at the airport only takes a few minutes. Not worth jumping through hoops to get it online.

southerngirl

May 22, 2013
Okay great. Sounds like I'm stressing for nothing. I'll just have cash on hand. I keep envisioning the lines when you exit cruise ships! LOL

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
It's low season right now so lines should not be bad. Some airlines also include it in their fee, depends where you're coming from.

Dec 26, 2011
Sometimes it takes 5 min. Sometimes 30 min. Maybe more. But it gives jobs to Dominicans. Besides, it's a good initiation into their way of doing things. It's good to slow down.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Yeah, many tourists walk right by the booth and go directly to immigration before realizing they need to purchase tourist card which is now just a duplicate receipt which you turn around and hand back before going through immigration.

LTSteve

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Yeah, many tourists walk right by the booth and go directly to immigration before realizing they need to purchase tourist card which is now just a duplicate receipt which you turn around and hand back before going through immigration.

LTSteve

Yep. Silly exercise. You walk a few feet and give "card" to another person. At first I would fight each trip with the dopey girls selling them. They would demand to see my passport. I would ask why. They would say they need to see it. I again would ask why. They say "it is part of my job". I ask, why, since you do not work for immigration. Blank stares. Still insisting they need my passport.

Twice I just walked away and got on line. The other dope that takes the receipt asked for my passport as well. I just walked by him and got on line. When I was with immigration officer the guy came up and complained I did not buy a card. I said, your dopey amiga refused tp sell me one, and tried to hand him 10 bucks to go buy one, lol.

The first time the immigration officer made him go buy me one. Second time she came with me to buy one and gave the girl crap about hassling tourists. The girl was steaming, and tried asking for my passport my next trip. Not gonna happen.

I travel through las americas a LOT and even now they ask some tourist for passport but don't ask me, lol.

I fly business 99.9% of the time and am one of first off the plane. There are trips where I am through immigration in 3 minutes, but have to wait for luggage and then pass through customs.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I don't see any benefit of getting the Tourist Card in advance. As far as getting through immigration, it's all luck of the draw. If your plane lands at the same time as 2 or 3 others, you could be in for a big wait. I actually had it take me well over an hour and a half once to get through immigration (PUJ). There were hundreds of people in line and only 2 immigration agents. It was a mess. And I didn't even need to get the Tourist Card since I have my residency. There is supposed to be a separate line for residents but the place is total chaos and it didn't seem to matter.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Okay great. Sounds like I'm stressing for nothing. I'll just have cash on hand. I keep envisioning the lines when you exit cruise ships! LOL

a cruise ship had ten times the number of passengers of a passenger jet. don't sweat it... the lines aren't all that long, and they system is speedy. don't forget a buck to toss in the hat for the music guys.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

LTSteve

those are the asshats that are just trying to dodge a line... I think it's pretty obvious that if everyone you got off the plane with gets into a line, you're supposed to be in the same line.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In 27 years arriving in the DR, I have NEVER been asked to show my passport to get a tourist card.
CCCCCCCCCCCCC
I must have an "Honest face"?????????????????????????