Rockin' at Rockets

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We had lunch at Johnny Rockets in StoDgo Friday, and was able to record a snippet of the staff dancing:

[video=youtube;XB3nb8S47TM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3nb8S47TM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Fantastic burgers and shakes, I might add. Pricy, but worth it.

Ironically, AZB was there the next day and also recorded the same crew for his FB page...

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
NO,,,,,,,,,,,,NO,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO..........DR cow meat

Juicy burgers where you will easily go through a dozen knapkins.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
NO,,,,,,,,,,,,NO,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO..........DR cow meat

Juicy burgers where you will easily go through a dozen knapkins.

Looks like the staff gets their fill of employee discounted burgers ......

the only downside of DR "developing".

the obesity and weight gain that will come with it .... I am already seeing the type of bodies in SD that caused me to flee the US in the first place - :cry:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I don't know where the meat comes from, I can only vouch for their extreme goodness. So far JR has the best burgers I've had yet away from Camp Moto. And I DO like my burgers.

Before being critical, you should try them...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

the obesity and weight gain that will come with it .... I am already seeing the type of bodies in SD that caused me to flee the US in the first place - :cry:

Beans & Rice, along with all the starches in the Dominican diet give those babies love handles.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

I'd say dietary carbs (rice, platanos, beans and papas) and gallons of sugary sodas are more responsible than fast food or Johnny Rocket-esque establishments.

Food like this is just waaaaaay too expensive for the "average" Dominican, and I see chunkers and Chunkettes all over.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
On the flip side, I see more RD'ers out walking---- trying to be healthy.

Haven't seen any results yet.... but effort aplenty - male and female but more F's in my area.

However, chunkiness seems unavoidable given the diet.....

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I don't get the fascination with "wait staff" performing dance numbers for the clientele....That, in itself, would be enough to keep me out of the joint.
Maybe I'm just too grumpy or something. (lol.)

vida

Mar 18, 2010
I live nearby and that is the reason I have eaten there once. The greeting on entering is at best awkard(everyone screaming out).

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I don't get the fascination with "wait staff" performing dance numbers for the clientele....That, in itself, would be enough to keep me out of the joint.
It's something many of such chains do, like group singing at birthdays, ringing a bell at Friday's when someone leaves a tip, etc.

It's part of their company culture...and I think it's only at one particular song.

A friend's daughter in St. Pete FL applied for her first job at a Johnny Rockets. Part of the interview was doing their dance routine. Guys, too.

I think it's kinda cute.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Oh okay.....They have to jump to when a particular song gets played?
I did not know that.
Train the employees to be ready to adapt at a moments notice and at the same time to not take themselves too seriously....
Now THAT makes sense.
Ain't knowledge grand?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Fast Food Franchise's" effect about 1% of Dominicans.
Salami,fried cheese,Salt, Sugar, Pork Fat,"Jonni Cakes",and "Pan de Agua",effect 100%.
I KNOW!
I eat that "$HIT"!
"Yummi"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Especially the "Chicharones"!
Have to be careful, the grease can run down your arm, and drip off your elbows, so wear "Long Sleeves"!

I don't like that either, it makes me nervous don't know why but when I go to SD I will try JR and close my eyes and listen to my itunes!
Now I know why everyone lives in The Capital, it has all the cool stuff!

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Either dancing -or at other places they interrupt your perfectly fine meal to ask if you're enjoying it...

Yes, I was enjoying it before you butted in..........