Android - Better check your phone!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Nobody has seen this working outside of a Georgia Tech lab, it's still to be shown at BH in Vegas next month.

Also, let's not forget if it does work...

Someone has to physically come along with a hacked charger and plug it into your phone.

These types of exploits or hacks are in very different category to malware.
Most, never see the light of day, they are just proof of concept.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Nobody has seen this working outside of a Georgia Tech lab, it's still to be shown at BH in Vegas next month.

Also, let's not forget if it does work...

Someone has to physically come along with a hacked charger and plug it into your phone.

These types of exploits or hacks are in very different category to malware.
Most, never see the light of day, they are just proof of concept.

Just like people actually have to download the infected app. And let's not forget about the several good virus/security apps in play store and let's not forget about Google. I doubt Google will sit on their ass looking at this thing spread.

If I was a Apple and iBoy or iGirl, I wouldn't think about how can they sue everyone since they own rectangle with slightly rounded shape in US and where can they steal ideas or inspirations for their future upcoming product since they don't have that many innovation partners like they used to.

I would read this article closely. Didn't you read how cheaply it can be made with parts available everywhere? What says this can not be done with another smart phone with USB cable or USB thumb drive? The said most secure or unhackable OS can be hacked with 'alarming ease' is thing that you Apple boys and girls should think about not trying to make excuses after excuses. You guys are lacking "ideas" and "innovations" these days. Have you wonder why? Why all of sudden they start suing? Why do you think all the competition coming out with better or on-par products all of sudden? And why is Apple looking for a way to go back in to Samsung? Apple Rumored To Be Switching Back To Samsung For LCD Supplies | Ubergizmo

It will take some time but your company will sink, if you don't find another Jobs soon.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If I was a Apple and iBoy or iGirl, I wouldn't think about how can they sue everyone since they own rectangle with slightly rounded shape in US and where can they steal ideas or inspirations for their future upcoming product since they don't have that many innovation partners like they used to.

Have you seen some of the patents Google and Samsung has applied for recently?

Some light reading on one copying Apple. hehehe

United States Patent Application: 0130104017

I suggest you do a little research before babbling based nothing but your own uninformed opinion.
You're sounding like wannabe AZB, atta boy! :)

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Have you seen some of the patents Google and Samsung has applied for recently?

Some light reading on one copying Apple. hehehe

United States Patent Application: 0130104017

I suggest you do a little research before babbling based nothing but your own uninformed opinion.
You're sounding like wannabe AZB, atta boy! :)

I don't see them running to government and cry about they have stole the idea and ask for 1.1 billion dollars yet.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't see them running to government and cry about they have stole the idea and ask for 1.1 billion dollars yet.

What Government did they run to and when?

So tell me, how many lawsuits have Google/Samsung initiated against companies, including Apple over patent infringement? 0, 10, 20, 50+?

Let me quote you a line from a previous post.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
PHP/MySQL, Java and HTML, yes.

Why?
Database management and Internet protocol. Impressive. It explains your success w/DR1. I've always had aspirations, taken courses, but never done anything worthwhile. Currently working w/a DBMS project as part of some graduate work in EdTech, so am needing to study up on MySQL. I've not been able to focus due to preparing for my impending move to the DR. Maybe I can devote time when I finally get there. That's all.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
koreano, give up. you are talking to chip of apple :) ;)

It's worse. Its like talking to crazy cult.

That's right Robert. Go join your brothers and sisters and drink that koolaide... It will take you to new wonderful planet with Aliens that only carries iPhones...

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
It must be very hard to copy a malware into an Iphone. Actually, it's very hard to copy any file such as mp3, jpg, txt, etc into an iphone :p

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Galaxy 4 sales down 20%.. Samsung downgraded by the 3 investment analysis yesterday... Stock taking a beating...
S4 not selling as well as predicted, folks are waiting for Iphone 5s... Apple World starts monday plus announcement pending I-Radio.
I'm seeing aapl at 550 within 4 months.... Tim Cook "we have game changing products coming"

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
contango, i understood nothing of this :)

i have here alcatel one touch. miesposo has a nexus and samsung (not a galaxy line). we are all pretty happy with those. as long as i do not encounter problems and daily use is easy i am all happy about my phone.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Galaxy 4 sales down 20%.. Samsung downgraded by the 3 investment analysis yesterday... Stock taking a beating...

As out friend Robert would say: "source?"

BTW, AAPL stocks down another 1.5% yesterday
GOOG stocks up another .5%
(Source: NASDAQ ;))

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's worse. Its like talking to crazy cult.

That's right Robert. Go join your brothers and sisters and drink that koolaide... It will take you to new wonderful planet with Aliens that only carries iPhones...

Is that the best you can do?

Why don't you actually post facts or sources to back up some of the stuff you post, instead of your own opinion. That way I might have a little more respect for you and acknowledge your posts.

But no... You fall into the same league as the rest of the "babblers". As soon as they are challenged, they disappear until another Samsung or Apple thread appears.

Sure I'm a fanboy and drink the cool aid, but it's very rare I post without sighting a source, link or something to defend my position.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As out friend Robert would say: "source?"

BTW, AAPL stocks down another 1.5% yesterday
GOOG stocks up another .5%
(Source: NASDAQ ;))

Apple is having a rough ride, although most analysts and stock pickers appear to have no idea why. They still are having amazing quarters, time after time. 99% of the Fortune 500 would die for Apple's numbers. Maybe its finding it's true value as a stock, no idea to honest.

I see the stock sliding a little more after WDC coming up next week and then slowly picking back up. Let's see... If Apple announce something new, then that may all change.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
When i got the macbook pro with a password on it, I laughed at how easy it was to bypass the password and get all the info. I checked internet and there were tons of tricks and hacks in macbook OS. I bypassed the password and even changed the password. i was then able to see all the info of the owner. The password was put in my owner's son and the dad went nuts as the kid forgot what password he used. Hahahaha. I helped them out in 10 minutes.
whenever Iphone comes with new IOS its hacked and jailbroken in hours. Hahahaha. I have become quite good in jailbreaking and even modifying the apple products.
AZB