any news about the el Pulpo Cojo property?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
does anyone know if anything is happening at the location of the old el Pulpo Cojo??? When I was there at the end of Feb., the site had already been almost cleared out. I doubt if anything has been built yet, but was just curious about any "real" news.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
No News

PJT suspects the property will sit dormant for some time. If it was carrying insurance it would be reasonable to expect some activity to restore the site by this time. The fire was on/about the middle of February.

Regards,

PJT

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
insurance been very unlikely had, as the insurances i know about down here would not insure property containing tached roofs, but such may have changed, been years when i asked a insurer and been told that.

Mike

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
I was in Punta Cana just last month. I walked by and it's still in ruins, nothing new going in.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I stayed near there during Memorial Day weekend; it's a depressing charred ruin. Even the palm trees are all charred up. No one's even tried to clean it up, which I would think is the first step to renovating the property.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
It's still a mess. Doesn't look like it's been touched in the last few months. I walk past it all the time when I walk my dog. It's a real eyesore.