all is well in santiago?

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Where can one get these feeds?

I get raw videos every day from the Santiago news feeds. Some of the videos coming out of that town are pretty depressing. It sure seems like the quality of life in that city is slowing dropping.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Bull****, i live here and everything is just fine with my family and with everyone i know here, obviously not if you live in a barrio caliente (anywhere in the world), but nothing to rave about.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Bull****, i live here and everything is just fine with my family and with everyone i know here, obviously not if you live in a barrio caliente (anywhere in the world), but nothing to rave about.

well, that settles that one. all is well on the western front. it is all fiction. Amu has not been robbed, so the report is bull****

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Mark me, my family members and personal friends down, as "Santiagueros" whom haven't been robbed, car jacked, assaulted or victimized in any way, while living in Santiago.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Mark me, my family members and personal friends down, as "Santiagueros" whom haven't been robbed, car jacked, assaulted or victimized in any way, while living in Santiago.

then i guess nothing of the kind is really taking place. i have never had any of those things happen to me, either, so i guess their existence is a matter of high fiction.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
then i guess nothing of the kind is really taking place. i have never had any of those things happen to me, either, so i guess their existence is a matter of high fiction.

You're well within your right to believe what you want, I'm just reporting that nothing violent has happened to me or anyone I know. Then again, I nor anyone I know trudge around in the worst "Barrios" of Santiago.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry, while I love Santiago and everything it offers to me and my family, I have to admit that petty crime is much greater now than it was 40 years, 30 years or even 20 years ago.
I took an informal survey yesterday among some students that were waiting to go into class and well over 60% had experience (within the definition of that survey) with some sort of crime. Nothing major, but crime--petty thefts and so forth (or attempted).

When the Free Zones reduced their personnel by close to 50,000 thanks to the inability of the government to provide services such as electricity and water, and to the unions that were trying to unionize some factories against the wished even of the workers themselves, these workers had to find money to feed their families. Many, in my opinion, took to crime of any and all sorts...

HB

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Sorry, while I love Santiago and everything it offers to me and my family, I have to admit that petty crime is much greater now than it was 40 years, 30 years or even 20 years ago.
I took an informal survey yesterday among some students that were waiting to go into class and well over 60% had experience (within the definition of that survey) with some sort of crime. Nothing major, but crime--petty thefts and so forth (or attempted).

When the Free Zones reduced their personnel by close to 50,000 thanks to the inability of the government to provide services such as electricity and water, and to the unions that were trying to unionize some factories against the wished even of the workers themselves, these workers had to find money to feed their families. Many, in my opinion, took to crime of any and all sorts...

HB

With all doe respect Hillbilly, but 20 or 30 years ago, the population of Santiago was much smaller than what it is today. I suspect that the increasing population will also bring with it the undesired members of society as well.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
You're well within your right to believe what you want, I'm just reporting that nothing violent has happened to me or anyone I know. Then again, I nor anyone I know trudge around in the worst "Barrios" of Santiago.

BINGO! lol, these people and generalisation , relax everyone, u'll all be just fine here unless again u decide to walk through a Barrio caliente, then the bullet is on you :p

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
With all doe respect Hillbilly, but 20 or 30 years ago, the population of Santiago was much smaller than what it is today. I suspect that the increasing population will also bring with it the undesired members of society as well.

that is a crock of statistical crap. i would not even waste my time trying to explain how fallacious that argument is.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
BINGO! lol, these people and their little videos, relax everyone, u'll all be just fine here.

why don't you tell that to the parents of the medical school student that got blown away for a cellphone? was she trudging in the worst barrios when it happened?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
that is a crock of statistical crap. i would not even waste my time trying to explain how fallacious that argument is.

So by all means, please enlighten me by telling me, what was the population of Santiago 30 or better yet 20 years ago?

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
why don't you tell that to the parents of the medical school student that got blown away for a cellphone? was she trudging in the worst barrios when it happened?

No she wasn't, but the misfits that killed her were from the other side of town, and that particular day they went out to the batter neighborhoods looking for a victim. By the way, I new this girl, she lived not so far from where I live.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

Taino808,

A few things here:

1. Read HB's post - it mentions 60% that percentage is independent of the amount...

2. Anything posted by HB should be read carefully and taken as valuable advice.. in this case his informal survey would be a non-scientific sample but still more valid then the results within one family..

I know you and your family are also Santiagueros and your info is also appreciated.. but it is the same as stating that my family in Gaspar Hernandez has very little experience with crime and therefore there is hardly any crime in GH... that picture is very different then the story told by my PN amigos; they claim a firm rise in mostly drug-related crime... as they have the best view I believe them and count my blessings for my family in GH...