Tropical Fruit Exporters

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'm searching for a tropical fruit exporter, especially exporting fruits like mango, ananas, maybe avocado.

Preferably not too big, but aiming at high end market.

While I am a city guy and most people on DR1 seem to live 'en el campo' I am giving it a shot here.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Excellent! I am not looking to import fruits but to sell something the exporters might need.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Then you should visit the organisation to make contacts. They should have a members directory and can tell you who might be interested.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Then you should visit the organisation to make contacts. They should have a members directory and can tell you who might be interested.
That s what Im planning to do...I tried to do the same with the mango exporters association but its almost impossible to get in contact with someone there. Im going to give it a shot here, thanks!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Also, just FYI, Haiti set up a treatment for their mangos to pretreat for fruit flies before shipment,, the mango man is very knowledgeable about this. JMB S.A., an agribusiness firm founded in Haiti in 1983, exports mangos & fresh and frozen products. Offices and Departments | Embassy of the United States Port Au Prince, Haiti

At a conference run by IICA there were fruit growers particularly from Samana who said that they could not get their fruit to market.

Here is a grower of biodynamic fruit (not sure what that means.. a Rudolph Steiner method) he runs a co operative down in Barahona

Organic products: organic bananas, biodynamic bananas, organic mangoes and dried fruits.

May 29, 2006
Break out the tin foil hats..

Biodynamics is part of the work of Dr. Rudolf Steiner, known as Anthroposophy - a new approach to science, which integrates precise observation of natural phenomena, clear thinking, and knowledge of the spirit.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Biodynamics is part of the work of Dr. Rudolf Steiner, known as Anthroposophy - a new approach to science, which integrates precise observation of natural phenomena, clear thinking, and knowledge of the spirit.

see this banana three, jose? (observation of natural phenomena) go and tend to that damn thing because i am too lazy to get up! (clear thinking) and before you go pass me that bottle of brugal! (knowledge of the spirit).

makes perfect sense...

eurodominican

Nov 19, 2005
com
That s what Im planning to do...I tried to do the same with the mango exporters association but its almost impossible to get in contact with someone there. Im going to give it a shot here, thanks!

Sent me a pm. or if you remember my e-mail, Mau. I know a Dutch working for a fruit export company here for 11 years.