DeLancer Internet

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I've been asked to post for someone considering switching from Claro to DeLancer Internet. Does anyone in the Sosua area have recent experience with DeLancer internet service?

We live in Las Canas, Gasper Hernandez and have great internet with Delancer. We are 30 minutes from where you are talking about but if we ever have a problem, they come that day or the next. We have cable with them too and it's also awesome! :)

We did buy the best, fastest speed for the internet package we could get with them

Cable they installed that day and internet they installed the next day.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We have had DeLancer internet for approx. 5 years. The last 2 years the service has been very reliable. Once a month it may go off for an hour or less. We haven't needed a service call for the past 2 years. During non peak times we can stream video but otherwise, although still fast for browsing, not quite fast enough for streaming.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Tried both, Claro and DeLancer.....with Claro we had problems, not so much with DeLancer.
Claro is owned by Carlos Slimm. They are aggressive with their
contracts, black and white, no flexibility and not easy personal service.
The DeLancer family is local....I prefer that over the multi-nationals.
But DeLancer's range is limited.....if you live in the campo, you'll see red Claro
dishes all over. Boils down to personal preference. Actually both are pretty decent.
The fastest costs more, and they have different options, like anywhere.
Claro requires a land line telephone I think, but we ditched that.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We have claro at our rental condo and needs a land line. Service is ok
We recently switched our home from Orange flybox (worse internet I have ever had) to Delancer and are very happy with both the internet (pay for a higher speed) and the service. They also speak English which helps if you have a problem.

Bob K

Feb 15, 2005
I found out that the normal issued boxes do not but you can upgrade for a 1 charge of $800pesos and $100pesos a month.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Anyone else in Sosua is experiencing slow DeLancer internet right now? Paying for 10MBps, get only 5.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I have had Delancer cable and internet for 7 years. I have the middle speed for internet and have no problems. However, I don't stream media. Just lately my HBO is out on the cable.

But I have no complaints because when I do they come same day, keep their word, and seem to really know their stuff. All the women in the office also take great care of me.

And they've got a better contract wih Comcast such that if you return from a temporary suspension (because you are out of the country) and it's just a few days before the 1st of the next month, you get internet. It used to be you either had to wait until the 1st of the next month or pay for the previous month that you weren't there.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks, tried that in the past - forgot about it. Glad for people like you to remind me. Regards,