Words from the president of the ministerio de turismo about encuentro and la boca

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
In short: about playa encuentro he is saying that there is a project to propose l to make playa encuentro 'paisaje protegido'. Still a long way to go but the first step has been made. Owners of land around the area have done their deslinde process so property boundaries are clear. About La Boca he said that there is no question about closing a road to La Boca, while being the fourth leg of Cabarete after playa central, kite surf, and encuentro. And finally he said something about decisions will be made together with everyone, village, ministry of turism and medio ambience.

The cd he showed has the proposed destination plans for the area and should open a debate.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
In short: about playa encuentro he is saying that there is a project to propose l to make playa encuentro 'paisaje protegido'. Still a long way to go but the first step has been made. Owners of land around the area have done their deslinde process so property boundaries are clear. About La Boca he said that there is no question about closing a road to La Boca, while being the fourth leg of Cabarete after playa central, kite surf, and encuentro. And finally he said something about decisions will be made together with everyone, village, ministry of turism and medio ambience.

The cd he showed has the proposed destination plans for the area and should open a debate.

Thanks Mauricio. My Spanish is not good enough to understand what he said. I appreciate your reply, but did he mean that the road will NOT close?

bob

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
"No hay nada tampoco de cerrar alg?n camino a la Boca".

Meaning: there is nothing like closing some road to La Boca.

Anyway, I don't know the context / situation. But if there have been talks of closing an entrance road, he is saying its not going to happen.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There was also some action to try and close the access to Encuentro a couple of years ago. Now the recent talk about La Boca..

What he said was that there would be continued access to Encuentro, Kite Beach, Cabarete Beach and La Boca which is great.

Let's see how much money the developers have.:devious: