Opening hours of El Ministerio de Interior y Polic?a

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Can anyone tell me the opening hours of the Santo Domingo offices of El Ministerio de Interior y Polic?a? Are they standard hours like M-F, 9a-5p? I'm considering stopping by there in the late afternoon sometime soon to obtain a proof of residency certificate. Thanks!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Oh, I thought that was given by migracion. Good to know.

Standard public office times in DR are more like 9 to 2. Anything later than that and chances are you'll waste your time and trip.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Oh, I thought that was given by migracion. Good to know.

Standard public office times in DR are more like 9 to 2. Anything later than that and chances are you'll waste your time and trip.

A certificate proving that one has been a permanent resident for at least two years is needed for citizenship applications. That certificate must be obtained from El Ministerio de Interior y Polic?a.

Just out of curiosity, are the Migracion offices also open from 9a-2p from Monday-Friday?

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
A certificate proving that one has been a permanent resident for at least two years is needed for citizenship applications. That certificate must be obtained from El Ministerio de Interior y Polic?a.

Just out of curiosity, are the Migracion offices also open from 9a-2p from Monday-Friday?

Oh, I was confused because there is a "ventanilla" in migracion that says "Certificados".

Yes, they are open 9-2. They actually open their doors at 8, but employees don't seem to be ready for the public until closer to 9. And if you want to get anything done, try to be there is the morning. Every time I've been there past noon has been a waste of time as I haven't been able to get anything done.