PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
2bbh.jpg

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Not trying to be negative but does this no look like something that does not belong....kind of out of place?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
How many floors? looks like it may be beat the "Caney" down the street which I believe is just over 40. I used to live beside the "Caney" and never saw more than about 8 units lit up at one time, always wondered how many actually sold!

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Santo Domingo... Mi pais es lindo, rico, envidable.. Pero es mio... I don't have to go to Park Avenue no more... Quisquella, te amo. Go ahead, turn blue on the face.. Mio, Mio.. Quisquella = Madre de todas las tierras.. Yeap..

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
I like the tinaco up high, should provide plenty of water pressure down low.....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
SuperCasas.com - dominicana - propiedades, casas, villas, apartamentos, solares - supercasas

well SuperCasas has listings of 182 apartments from 500k to over 1 million and they are only one game in town.. lots of these new buildings are sold directly from the building .. SuperCasas is ususally the second market for the ones that are not sold.

That just seems like more international corporations than exist here.. and certainly most of them would rent, wouldn't they? Of course, there may be a lot of Arab Sheiks.. etc.. with lots of oil money.. and various and sundry people with just a lot of money ... but Dominicans? With that kind of money? It is actually possible to NAME the families who have that kind of money, isn't it? Question.. would they live there? Who is going to live there? It would be interesting to see.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
How many floors? looks like it may be beat the "Caney" down the street which I believe is just over 40. I used to live beside the "Caney" and never saw more than about 8 units lit up at one time, always wondered how many actually sold!

I think most of these are built to launder money and not necessarily because they are needed. RE is way overpriced in Santo Domingo as it is.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i like modern but the dick on the top has to go. does developer have erection issues? in more sense than one?

a cousin of ours is doing stuff like that too, residential torres in SD. i always want to ask about money laundering but i am told it is not polite. would you believe it? his wife recently purchased an apartment in some blah neighbourhood, 24 million pesos. she's not into dirty money herself, i think, her business is renovating people.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Well, Picardo, Santo Domingo could be a world class city.. I really often wonder why it is not a destination. I guess it really just as CCCC is always saying .. that you have nice neighborhoods and then you have barrios right next door.. in that you cannot hide the poverty. In most regions. when you go to a poor neighborhood, you know it. But here. well. the garbage sorta lines the streets .. on the way to the Zona Colonial.

And sure, If I had an extra 33 million a year, I would buy a floor through maybe..Guess there is no problem with these glass torres being empty.most of the year. not like the malls. And all the drug money has to get back in the market somehow.

Well, No, probably if I had that kind of money I would have an apartment in Paris!

I do see improvements. It does seem cleaner. And then there are huge steps back like cutting down shade trees in the parks at the Conservatory of Music to build a parking garage .. instead of sponsering concerts at night.

The area around the Bellas Artes is still really poorly lit at night.. and dangerous.

It is all being built for jeepetas.. not pedestrisans. like NYC. And there will never be enough space for the cars. Or enough fresh air to breathe....

Do you ever try to WALK in Santo Domingo?

I can walk around my little section of Gazcue and the Zona because we are close to the sea and still have the giant old trees. But the rest of the city is really just built for cars.

If you put some sort of environmental regulationss on the cars.. on the guaguas,, so that they were not spitting fumes.. ... that would help.

but .. well.. those are just the poor people walking, right? they are just getting what they deserve, right?

eat my exhaust...paysano. I have a jeepeta.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Too bad that only others that can launder their cash can afford these, but you can't? Huh?

LOL!!!!!!

RE overpriced in SD? LOL!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!!

If you consider the price of housing here a laughing matter, then explain why President Danilo Medina himself recognized recently how the purchasing power (or lack of it) of the common joe's wages here doesn't allow him to have a roof, genius.