President Danilo Medina does not arrive on time, he arrives early!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Just came back from Lifestyles Resorts ground breaking ceremony in the presence of President Danilo Medina. The ceremony started at 11.30 am, the president arrived at 11.15am...total respect! He has an excellent reputation for arriving on time or early and many times even un-announced. He sets a perfect example, just a shame that many don't see things the same way as he does...Anthony Santos always turns up about 2 to 3 hours late for his concerts, but a world leader can arrive early. Love him or hate him, that is your own opinion, but I have complete respect for him.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Couldn't agree more. I was at 2 events where Leonel was present and both times the events were delayed for hours waiting for him to arrive. When Danilo came, everything was ready to roll on time. Terrific example!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Or as Hector Lavoe used to say:

"It is not that I arrive late all the time, it is that you all arrive toooooo early."

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Or as Hector Lavoe used to say:

"It is not that I arrive late all the time, it is that you all arrive toooooo early."

Exactly...Dominicans know what's up. They know it they say 9:00 AM it's probably starting at 10:00 or 10:30, so why show up that "early".

Besides Anthony Santos can show up as late as he wants, because after all he's "El Mayimbe" and puts on the best show of any
Domincian artist by far. He shows up at 2:00 AM, but plays non-stop until 6:00 AM while the others are done in an hour or hour and half. The public always leaves satisfied and feeling like they got their money's worth.

Good for Danilo though...I hope this doesn't become a trend in The DR though...It would be hard to change those habits.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
He is pretty well organized. He often comes down the street of my occasional work and all the cars on his route are pulled onto the left side of the road, on every street through the capital. If the owners are not about then the cars are towed away, and within a few minutes of the final car being towed away he comes by, like clockwork. I presume this is fine timing and he is not waiting around the corner for them to be towed off.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
It's astonishing that we are astonished by what would pass for normal civilised behaviour.

Too long here and jaded I guess.............