french man dies and canadian arrested

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is not a good weekend for foreigners on the north coast...
old french guy died from a heart attack in his house in playa chiquita in sosua:
Ciudadano franc?s muere de un ataque al coraz?n en Sos?a - Puerto Plata Digital
maybe some dr1ers knew the man.

and canadian gets arrested in POP for supposed sex offences against children:
INTERPOL RD CAPTURA EN PUERTO PLATA CANADIENSE PRFUGO POR DELITOS SEXUALES
picture here:
INTERPOL captura en PP a presunto pederasta canadiense que huy? de su pa?s
looks like he was living a comfy life here.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
No dv8 I didn't know him but think that I've seen him and waved every now and then.

To bad for me and my loss for not stopping and trying to get to know him. Two blocks down.

As odd as this sounds, at least he passed of natural causes. RIP.

I'll walk down in the morning and offer my respects.

I saw the other two articles. So what's new?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes, this is why i posted about the french man, so that those who knew him or met him could pass by and pay respects. he was old and he's been here for a long time...

the canadian man... i am pretty sure i have seen the car but not the man himself. and las caobas, i think, is very close to prison, right? wasn't a long ride then.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
HI, we have been in the DR since Oct 2012 and we lived in the same building as Eric up until April when we moved...we would see him in town walking on his way to work as a Chef , he spoke only French and kept to himself...HE DID NOT HAVE a wife as indicated in the newspapers...the woman they mention was his next door neighbor, we lived 3 door down. He stopped when he saw us and would have a coke or coffee at the French bakery with us and keep us posted on the who what where when and hi of Playa Chiquita. We managed over the months to speak a combination English, French and Spanish with a lot of hand gestures.....he was a pleasant man and kept to himself. He would pick the avacados and mangos for me as I am short! He did have his "girlfriend" but not a noisy bunch.....RIP Eric we will miss you

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
note that dominicans often simply use words wife/husband in regards to long term partners.