Lost passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I had quite the scare today. I arrived at SDQ from the states and the trip went smoothly. I even had all 3 seats in my row to myself. Then I got to my hotel and no friggin' passport! I last had it to get through customs and that was the last time I saw it. I went from customs to a waiting car just outside, a friend of a relative. It wasn't in the car so it had to be somewhere between customs and the walk to the car. I was 99% sure it fell out of my carry-on bag in between the walk to the car.

I went back to the airport only to encounter a completely lackadaisical and inept security company. I must have spoken with a dozen persons (no exaggeration) including police. All I wanted to do or have them do, after not finding it in lost and found, was to talk to someone in customs to see if they knew anything. They kept saying that it was impossible and saying that was a whole different area. I had asked them to look at the camera and they never thought of it! Then the security worker couldn't figure out the admin password. After about an hour of getting nowhere, I was ready to give up. I was about to leave and make the best of the situation when someone called to say it was found. It was in their version of lost and found the whole time. Jeez.

I'm grateful and shocked that someone actually turned it in and I admit stupidity on my part for losing it in the first place. I saw both sides of the DR today - the third world country where one lowers his expectations and an act of kindness for someone turning it in.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of hassle would I have had to go through if I didn't find the passport?

Status
Not open for further replies.