DR: 350 lb Marlin Jumps Into Fishing Boat

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I love u AE,

But u gotta get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheeky:

LOL r&b, you've got THAT right!!!

I don't search them out, most come from my Facebook friends. I just post 'em.

This one was all over the US news channels last night. You gotta admit that it's a very cool video.

Anyone know where it was??

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
AE,
you showed a Video about how americans try to be sports fishermen up there off Florida.

here you can have a look how it's done in the DR, on the eastshores off Cap Cana/Punta Cana.
I hope the Mods do not take it as some kinda selfpromotion, as my own boats are also all within the total number of shown boats. so i picked a non actual video, just the one from pre-season 2013.

have fun watching

Mike

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=123813507810940" width="400" height="224" frameborder="0"></iframe>

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Great video Mike, Mr. AE and I just finished watching it. No problems from this mod about airing it.

We'll be in DR for 4 months, and plan to spend a couple of weeks in Bavaro, but I'm afraid to ask how much a day of fishing on one of your boats would cost. Can you PM me some rates?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
8 hours on the boat. oh my. mike would have to pay me twice his going rate and that would not even cover the costs of drammamine i would have to take to live through 8 hours on the open sea :D:laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"WOW!!!!!!!"
Those rates are INSANE!!!!
"Insanely LOW, that is!"
I paid almost that much for a charter out of Wellfleet, Cape Cod, Mass. almost 20 years ago!
We did catch 23 huge "Blues",which we ATE, over time, I had most of them "smoked".
I had no idea Mike's rates were that great!
Tell your friends!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Recipe Post, Cologne

I just made smoked fish pate today - from Lake Urine fish....

Mayo, sour cream, whipped Phila cream cheese, Worcestershire, hot sauce, Old Bay, horseradish.... just bits of those ( mayo =1 sour cream = 2) and dashes of all the rest to suit your palette....

Blend that to a goop then add the smoked fish - pulse so as not to ruin the texture of the fish...

Then slurp it up.....

The basketball team loves this source of protein..... even more than your preferred donation:eek:gre:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That's what I used to do with my "Smoked Blue Fish".
Who ever said that "FISH" was good when you want to lose weight????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
most fishies are fantastic as smoked fishies.
my prefered ones from the DR open water spezies are Dorado/Mahi(the smaller ones of just 12-20lbs) and also fantastic bee!!! white Marlin, as they are short living/always young and "fresh", but since many years the killing of Billfish is banned, at least at my pleace, no killing, no trophies, just some photos or viedos. boats bring in a dead Billfish to the Marina would face hefty fines of several grands $$$ and would be a hile banned from chartering. this is not the Law in DR, sadly, but it is Our Rule here at the Marina.
yes CC, we run very reasonable rates compared to other destinations, specially considering the high maintenance costs as we have to import every needed piece, ind the extremely high Fuel Costs, a US Gallon Diesel been this season here as high as US$5.58.-, if not mistaken i would say the US runs Diesel for around $3.60.- -$3.70.- per US Gallon.
in business almost 20 years prooved that top services do not always have to ask for the highest rates for a product, during the different times of the year running with 50-60% returning customers shows that such hard calculated biz can work out at the end.
even a small Blue, the guys on the video been lucky that none got hurt, as they reacted completely wrong once the Marlin landed, as none of them grabbed the Tail, which would be the fishe's part that smashes down their boats Seat/Table and hurts the anglers and crew heftily.
don't know if the vid is for real or a vidshopping, doesn't matter, it's great, sad if the fish been killed. loks like a Blue Marlin Female ready to be mature and start to reproduce.

Eat and Smoke Mahi, Wahoo, Tunas, Groupers, Snappers, they reproduce like Rabbits and are present here in very large numbers, and they are of better taste than the Billfishes, even that the short living(max 6-7 years of a lifespan, mature after 1 year) white Marlin are young fresh tasty meat, too, but there is enough quick reproducing fishy meat in the Ocean, so we leave the rare spezies out there.

happy fishy BBQ-ing

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
don't know if the vid is for real or a vidshopping, doesn't matter, it's great, sad if the fish been killed. loks like a Blue Marlin Female ready to be mature and start to reproduce.

Mike

At the end of the news video, the announcer said that the fish died due to the jump/fall, and the fish was donated to local Dominican fishermen.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry, my bad, i understood it as a fish jumping into a boat in florida, lol.
we do not bring in Billfishes who die due the fight etc neither, otherwise so many boats would claim "the fish died itself" and they would again kill most of those beauties. they stay out there and there are plenty of other spezies eating them right away, nothing is wasted.

Mike

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
"The marlin died from self-sustained injuries."

...so I guess the guys and their fishing rods had nothing to do with it...right?