A *#(@#^%&@ post

P

Pib

Dear Codetel,

Take your &^#%#)*@ Polos and stick?em where the sun don?t shine. I don?t want no cars, just give me a *&(@#&#) connection that doesn?t disconnect every 2 mins and that runs over 23,000 Bps, that?s why I have a computer with a frigging 56 modem.

Phew! Thanks buddies for lending me an ear, I had to say that aloud or I would go postal?

E

ECH, M.D.

If you will translate that in to Spanish I will be glad to go with you to Codetel and give them a piece of my (our) mind (what's left of it). No matter how hard I try to learn, I simply have a difficult time "cussing out" someone in Spanish! The words don't flow freely or come naturally. And you don't use the same expressions we do. But, I guess it is not really important....when I cuss them out in English....they KNOW I am upset about something! CHEERS

M

Marc

Cussing them out in English is waaaaaaaay more valuable. If you learn to cuss them out in spanish they would have a reply. All they can do is stare back at you with a look of fear after you have cussed them out in English.

No matter what language you speak, no matter if you are cordial or furious, the result is the same poor service that indeed would make you postal if you didn't vent to those around you who know EXACTLY what you are going through.

marc

J

Jim Hinsch

In my experience, the connection to Codetel ISP is very good, WHEN you have a good phone line. Pick up the phone and press any number and then listen. If you hear any static, call Codetel to find the problem. This is the major cause of many connection problems, especially connections at slow speed and dropped connections.

P

Pib

Yes, but no.

Usually I have a fairly decent connection. Once in a while and for no apparent reason my connection goes kaput. Yesterday was one of "those" days. There must be a support group somewhere for Codetel customers.

K

Keith R

Re: Yes, but no.

I (regretably) was a Codetel customer in Santo Domingo for 4 years (1995-1999). There were only five things that they were good at during that period:
1. Getting their bill to me every month;
2. Blocking all my 1-800 calls to the US;
3. Charging excessively for long distance calls;
4. Giving me "all circuits are busy" message 50% or more of the time I tried to phone my wife across town or dial-up my Internet service;
5. Fix my external phone line within 48 hours of Hurricane Georges (for which I am duly grateful, esp. since Tricom NEVER fixed their line into the same house, while continuing to charge me for service I was not receiving!).
Best Regards,
Keith