Need some cheap saucepans?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
got a great deal today. a circulon 12 inch non stick wok, ( not the teflon crap, but the one with the ridges), plus a 10 quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven, like new, BOTH for the princely sum of 2000 pesos!!! i was amused as i watched Dominican women trying to lift the Le Creuset.

there is a guy in the POP pulga who sells wonderful, top class fry pans and saucepans for a very reasonable price. they make the junk in places like La Sirena look like flypaper.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am returning to POP next month. Would LOVE to pick up some decent pans! Would you mind sending me information via PM about when and where I can find this vendor?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am returning to POP next month. Would LOVE to pick up some decent pans! Would you mind sending me information via PM about when and where I can find this vendor?

better yet, pm me when you get into town. we can arrange to meet at the pulga, and i will introduce you to the dude, so you will get special dispensation. i buy from him all the time, so he does the right thing for me.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
These should last you a life time! Make sure and tell your maid not to scrape the bottom of the pans with a spoon when cleaning them.:D

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
These should last you a life time! Make sure and tell your maid not to scrape the bottom of the pans with a spoon when cleaning them.:D

my maid will never be aware of their existence. lifetime? definitely. my ex-wife still has the Le Creuset Dutch Oven that I bought in 1979, with my money, not hers. it is as good as new.

May 5, 2007
thanks, dv8. are you sure you are not buttering me up to see if i will consider selling you the dutch oven?

Congratulations on your parole. did you happen to see chip and Pollogringo as you left? They seem to have been banished also, never can figure out why though

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha, no. maybe i will pester you about that strawberry cheesecake thou? ;)

no, i truly missed you. i am glad you are back. dr1 is not the same without you!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
ha ha, no. maybe i will pester you about that strawberry cheesecake thou? ;)

no, i truly missed you. i am glad you are back. dr1 is not the same without you!

thanks for that. just because you are so nice, you will have a chunk of key lime cheesecake before the weekend.

May 29, 2006
Le Creuset... ooh ahh.. Hopefully they won't drop it on the floor.

Some good deals on Le Creuset on Ebay. They last forever.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sounds like a good find gorgon, wish there was a source like that on the south coast. I'm still shipping in our 'stuff'. I got a good buy last month on a set of Carico stainless steel 'waterless' cookware - someone who wanted non-stick. I'm really enjoying it, it's going into a box to DR - not even a Dominican maid can destroy that stuff.

And welcome back.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Sounds like a good find gorgon, wish there was a source like that on the south coast. I'm still shipping in our 'stuff'. I got a good buy last month on a set of Carico stainless steel 'waterless' cookware - someone who wanted non-stick. I'm really enjoying it, it's going into a box to DR - not even a Dominican maid can destroy that stuff.

And welcome back.

thanks, AE. when you get back into these here parts, i will pm you if i see any good deals. people do not realize how much better food tastes when made in good cookware, rather than the stuff from the supermarket. got a 12 inch frying pan from the same guy; it is almost as heavy as my dutch oven. you can heat that to intense temperatures for stir frying without doing any damage, as opposed to teflon junk.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
thanks, AE. when you get back into these here parts, i will pm you if i see any good deals. people do not realize how much better food tastes when made in good cookware, rather than the stuff from the supermarket. got a 12 inch frying pan from the same guy; it is almost as heavy as my dutch oven. you can heat that to intense temperatures for stir frying without doing any damage, as opposed to teflon junk.

One by one the teflon pans in my kitchen have been thrown out or donated, I'm down to stainless, hard-anodized and some high quality 'green pans' that are surprisingly good. I still have a bunch of old-school Farberware stainless pots & pans that just won't die.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
One by one the teflon pans in my kitchen have been thrown out or donated, I'm down to stainless, hard-anodized and some high quality 'green pans' that are surprisingly good. I still have a bunch of old-school Farberware stainless pots & pans that just won't die.

Same here. What I have now is a bunch of stainless steel cookware.