What is the ratio between Men and Women in the DR? *DC*

V

Vi

5:1 is pretty close, but for a college ratio!!!!!

Eddy, I don't know where you pulled those numbers from. In countries with normal casualties you don't have a ratio of 5:1 for male:female. That ratio you mentioned only happens in college. And maybe from what you seen or noticed that is the figure. Don't forget do tend to live longer than men.

Anyone that ones this figure can go to this link

http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/

and click on D, then click on the Dominican Republic, and then read under population and births and deaths. According to these figures is a pop ratio of 1.03male/1female

D

DR1

Actually...

People I speak to in the DR (Government/Business) will tell you that Eddy is not far off. 5:1 female to male ratio.

After living here on and off for the past 5 years I would say it's pretty close.

Rob.

E

Eddy

Re: 5:1 is pretty close, but for a college ratio!!

I'm impressed by the site but have a hard time with the quoted ratio. Does anyone else have data?

D

Drake

Re: 5:4

5 women to 4 men ratio is what I saw in a newspaper once. No way 5 to 1.

A

Anny Mosity

Re: 5:4 Ha, Ha.

Rob,

I always thought of you as an intelligent, well educated person.
Since the birth rate anywhere is divided closely between male and female, how would you explain a ratio of 5:1 ?

Rob, it is time to blow the dust off your statistics textbooks!

I can't believe that you posted that, even if you wish there were 5 beautiful virgins waiting for you.

P

pepe

Re: 5:4 Ha, Ha.

I betcha azb knew the statistics. He's there looking for his 17 virgins before he dies.

D

Drake

Re: What is the ratio between Men and Women in the

Sex ratio:
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female
under 15 years: 1.04 male(s)/female
15-64 years: 1.04 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.91 male(s)/female
total population: 1.03 male(s)/female (2000 est.)

See site below..

U

Umberto "Boom Boom" Chavez

The Real Ratio 5 females to 3 males

When the men grow up, they migrate to other countries for work.
Correct Gov. Figure. 5 to 3.

A

a_andy

In availability, perhaps 1:5

At any given time, perhaps 1 in 5 women are on the make, but Dominican men (like most men) are on the make all the time.

L

Lady Merrique

Re: The Real Ratio 5 females to 3 males

You are forgetting, that is not the men that usually migrate, is the women, who marry and/or move away. Why? Because the sons are hijos mimados=and they tend to stay close to home, inherit the home, or keep their mother's place/house!!!!!