Passions To Reopen?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

We have seen Peter, the owner of the nightclub La Passion, driving around in Sos?a again.

We are pleased that Peter has been released again as a Dominican jail is no fun. We also heard that the nightclub will open its doors again from early October. The club was known for its beautiful interior, including the beautiful aquarium, bar, plants and furniture and courteous service. So from the beginning of October (if nothing intervenes) the loyal and new customers can go to Passion to enjoy the cozy atmosphere

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There's nothing like watching fresh fish swimming around an aquarium. Do you know if there will be any fresh tuna, or just a bunch of catfish mixed in with an invasive species of crabs?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Why was he in jail and why close the club while he was in jail?? Strange..

From today's Sosua News:

We have seen Peter, the owner of the nightclub La Passion, driving around in Sos?a again.

We are pleased that Peter has been released again as a Dominican jail is no fun. We also heard that the nightclub will open its doors again from early October. The club was known for its beautiful interior, including the beautiful aquarium, bar, plants and furniture and courteous service. So from the beginning of October (if nothing intervenes) the loyal and new customers can go to Passion to enjoy the cozy atmosphere

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Good to hear. The NYC point and pick crew was getting concerned. Last i heard the management was ordering white Passions towels for the grand reopening. Party on men.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Good to hear. The NYC point and pick crew was getting concerned. Last i heard the management was ordering white Passions towels for the grand reopening. Party on men.

is Danilo (Scissorhands)Medina going to cut the ceremonial ribbon?

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
There's nothing like watching fresh fish swimming around an aquarium. Do you know if there will be any fresh tuna, or just a bunch of catfish mixed in with an invasive species of crabs?

What I heard is to be careful eating the Bacallao

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Well...

That depends on or of what...I guess he was an acting, lets say, a person in charge of a type of woman?? If so, they pop him in jail and close his business?? Come on...We would get a ticket with a fine in the States for whatever meaning...I'm surprised he did not buy his way out

He was charged with pandering if I remember right. Have you ever pandered?
Der fish

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm surprised he did not buy his way out

He probably did pay in past. Most likely assumed he could in future despite many warnings that the government was going to start enforcing law against pimping.

He had plenty of advance notice the government was now serious about enforcing this law. This not just in Sosua, all over the country.

web

Nov 5, 2005
is Danilo (Scissorhands)Medina going to cut the ceremonial ribbon?

I am curious to know what Peter was doing wrong to get him arrested? What was he doing "illegally" as opposed to Crystal's and Blackbeard's in Puerto Plata?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011

Hahahaha point and pick! Man That's funny!

drescape24

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
So I will be in town for the grand opening! I want my white towel! Crackers!!!!!! Hahahaha

drescape24

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Cheese 4 real .... I like sushi with no cheese . Just may have to make the trip in from sti to see the place.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I am curious to know what Peter was doing wrong to get him arrested? What was he doing "illegally" as opposed to Crystal's and Blackbeard's in Puerto Plata?

You mean besides keeping records about the girls he was pimping for?

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Ahhhh, got it...Brothel....Wow, I have seen many around the DR so to speak, and girls on the street etc, so why only this guy??? And COME ON!!! Rescued the girls!! what heros'..NOT!! They should create some kind of a workforce for these woman..It's obvious that they need money to maybe support their kids etc..They become desperate and thats what they decide to do...Its sad!! They can be our sister, mom, friend, whatever..They (DR Government) should really try to clean it up the right way..

For example, I need a job and cannot find work..There are plenty of online sources although I know this is the so called 3RD World, but man! Look outside of the box before you go selling yourself..I have helped maybe 3 since I've been here, in SD though not PP for I Have not seen any around me here..And even if I helped them, they still wanted to do services..HELLOOOO! I gave you XYZ so you don't need to do that! And I will admit, temptation was hard!! But yes, I prevailed! LOL..Maybe it was not their usual fee, no idea, but 500 pesos for nothing I thought would be helpful...

Overall, they really need some programs here for families..Wic, Food Stamps, etc..AT least some food..Rice & beans for crying out loud..Frustrating to see..Is there a reason why the people of the DR do not pay into a system as we do in the States?? I mean, if the President said, you all will be taxed XYZ from your pay each Month, this will go to a food fund or supplies for woman that need diapers etc for their kids etc..Don't you think the people of the DR would say yes, lets do it..I don't know, how many people are in the DR?? I have no idea how big/small this Island is, so it it the size of NY or NJ or combined?? Just a damn shame that they do not try to get up with the times here..

Anthony