Where to buy books in English in SD

P

Pib

I couldn't help but notice ECH's comment on Libreria Cuesta and where to find books in English in SD. I would like to give some suggestions in the hope that this is of any help to anybody interested in the subject.

Libreria Cuesta (southeast corner of 27 de Feb and A. Lincoln): it has been recently renewed and re-opened. It looks very nice now and features the largest selection in town (in Spanish of course). The English section is not too big, it is mostly the usual Stephen King and Danielle Steel kind of stuff, but pay them a visit, you might find something that suits your taste.

Thesaurus (southeast corner of A. Lincoln and Sarasota): Same kind of books as Cuesta. They have a nice cafe on the second floor in case you want to leaf thru your newly-bought book while sipping a coffee.

Bookies (Ave. 27 de Feb.): Same kind of books as the two previous but a larger selection.

Stand on El Conde St. (no name, right beside McDonalds): This is where I buy my books when I am not looking for something specific. They sell used books in many languages, you have to go thru all the stuff and get your hands dirty. Once in a while I find a jewel there. Please don't pay more than RD$15.00 for a book in English or he might charge me more next time.

Become a member of the Hellen Kellog Library or the Dominico-Americano: Plenty books in English.

Buy on Amazon: If you need something specific this is the way to get it. Have them shipped to a mail box in Miami, such as EPS (you have to be a member) and they will send it to you in DR for a fee.

L

Les

Thanks for the info.

I live in Santiago. ?Does anyone have book ideas for this area?