Condo in the Punta Cana/Bavaro area

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
I am looking for a condo for a good price for the winter. How about El Dorado? Tell me everything, good and bad.

Or is there any other options for a decent price with walking distance to the beach?

J.Baby

Dec 23, 2012
El Dorado is a bit busier than some of the complexes, is a good walking distance to the beach, although I found it had a lot of Russians living/staying there. It is very nice to have the boulangerie and the little supermarket and other little stores on site. I almost bought there, but it was too busy for me. Also is a bit noisier than some of the complexes farther down the strip. It is one of the more affordable options that is very close to the beach though. I found it to be pretty secure, despite the bars nearby. Some find it noisy at night, but if you plan on having drinks late into the night it won't be a problem.

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
Thank you for your answer!

I don't mind if it is a bit busy, but I'd rather have a mix of nationalities. It is mainly Russians living there?

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Thank you for your answer!

I don't mind if it is a bit busy, but I'd rather have a mix of nationalities. It is mainly Russians living there?

We have a place there since it was built and its a mix, its not all Russians.

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
I am there from Jan to April and we have stayed at different places, from Palm suites to Beach residency and now Playa Turquesa the closer to the beach the higher the rent (no duh) but you can get great units 500 meters from the beach at better rates. The area is heavy with Canadians, Americans, Europeans etc there is a great mix of diversity and it is a life changing experience to visit and meet people from all over the world.