Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Problems renewing my U.S. passport in S.D.

I need to renew my passport at the U.S. consulate and ive read that they require a second form of picture id (seperate from my old passport) to complete the renewal. Since ive been in the country for so long, I have no other form of ID other than my old expired passport, birth certificate and SS card. Any ideas if this is going to be an issue or any suggestions? Would hate to go through making an appointment and showing up unprepared.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Since you say you have been in country for so long .....you could use your cedula, residency card or dom drivers license as photo id

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

No drivers license or residency, or cedula. Abuela you beat me to it

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no other forms of id. Lets just say i have not kept myself up to date on my stuff here... No DL , no cedula, no residency.

When youre struggling month to month year after year, things like that get thrown to the "cuando se pueda" list. Just tired of comiendo me un cable in the D.R.. Time to pack up and get the family to somewhere I can earn a decent living.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have an american driving license maybe? dominican insurance? monumental insurance card comes with a picture. a membership card to a gym or some local club?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing. Im hoping I can just convince them once im there since theres no real way for me to get avalid form of id. Everything here needs another form of id to get so everythings a damn catch 22 for me now. AMET took my drivers license and promptly lost it close to 10 yrs ago...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Go on line and check out travel.state.gov. This gives you instructions on how to get a friend as a witness to verify your identity. You fill out this form and it is witnessed. You might be able to do this at the US Embassy. Looks like a good possibility. Bring your birth certif, ss card and anything else with your name, such as credit card, etc.

LTSteve

8. Likes NV_ liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I just renewed mine in Puerto Plata. It was expired for more than a year and all I needed was the passport application that you have to fill out on line, 2 passport photos with a white background, my old passport, 2 photocopies of the first page of the old passport and last but not least, US$110.00

10. Likes NV_ liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The US Embassy in SD is run by a bunch of Nazis. Go to PP or there is one in Bavaro also at Palma Real Mall.

12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't describe them as "Nazis", more like "Sadistic MOTHERF*#KERS"!!!!!!
    These low level State Dept. "Hacks", get the ONLY sexual gratification in their miserable lives, by harassing their "Bosses", meaning US!
    AND, they treat the Dominicans who go there like, The Unwashed Masses"!
    Shame On THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    ps, my US passport expired in Sept., can I travel to the USA on my expired passport???
    I want absolutely NOTHING to do with the IDIOTS here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast