ello no vuelan mas? ello ban otra ves a volar,
si es asi.

see more pictures of all Airlines of the ominican Republic
Next week available at www.samana.nl.nu

Bye

D

DR1

A word of warning....

Any more spam or links to www.samana.nl.nu will be deleted regardless of the message content.

You have been warned!

Rob.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Dominicana de Aviacion (Dominicana Airlines)

From what I have read Dominicana de Aviacion is flat broke and banned from the air for violations to international regulations. The airline has had unsumountable financial problems, including lawsuits from former employees who never got their compensation when the airline closed down. I know one employee from Venezuela who has a claims exceeding $1,000,000. To get back in business the airline needs a new invsting group that could straighten out this mess, because its only real asset is the route. Their airplanes sit like World War II equipment ruins in rotten hangars that can be seen from the air as you land in Santo Domingo's airport(a ghostly scene) Likewise its former headquarters looks like an abandoned munsters' castle.

H

hillbilly

Oh man, the times I flew them!

A 747 from NYC, with two of my friends at the helm.
A 727 over to PR and back with the President.
A DC-4 to PR; the Puerto Plata, the ??Luperon??
Perhaps the nicest flights ever (well except for Japan Airlines!!)
And everyone clapped as the planes landed...

HB

M

Milo

Re: Oh man, the times I flew them!

I remember the pilot walking up and down the aisles with a 45 strapped on his belt and a bottle of Bermudez pouring glasses full for the passengers. Made me feel safe and warm.

E

El Jefecito

Is Dominicana the same as the old CDA? I remember fondly the weekly flights on CDA's DC-3 from SD to Cabo Rojo. It was always comforting to look out on the wing and see under the letters CDA in very faded letters the word DELTA. It was always an interesting flight with not only human passengers but chickens and goats. A couplr of times an engine quit but we always made it back to SD. Great pilots, a couple from the States and the rest were Dominicans who also flew for the Air Force.

Especially memorable was a flight when I was 16 and reurning to the States to school. The number four engine would not start (DC-4). They worked on it and reboarded us. Started 1, 2 and 3, but 4 still wouldn't start. Took us off and took the plane out on the runway, ran it down the runway and got it started. Gave us the option to fly or wait till the next day. Me and two buddies of the same age decided we were immortal and flew. As soon as we were airborne they pulled out the bottle of Brugal and by the time we got to Miami they had three drunk teenagers on board. Somehow I made it through customes and got on my flight to Atlanta.

Charlie, Jose...SALUD!

D

Drake

I remember as a kid flying on many an occasion flights from Santo Domingo to Miami stopping off in Puerto Principe. The route the plane takes goes straight over the legendary Bermuda Triangle. We got caught in a heavy tropical storm once. God knows how we made it through but what a journey that was. Talk about turbulence!