Good WiFi in the Capital

Feb 15, 2005
I have to be on a conference call and will be traveling through the Capital. Can anyone recommend a quiet place to connect. Thanks in advance.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
You mean a conference call on the web?
There are many wi-fi zones in SD, however I wouldn't trust any business web conference to a public wifi, as your bandwidth is shared and thus a stable connection is not guaranteed. For mail and chats, OK, thought.
Anyway, Claro has a list of its wifi zones:

Claro - Rep?blica Dominicana

Dandman

May 17, 2004
Many bars, restaurants and public areas have access to wifi. Even many neighborhood colmados have free wifi as do most hotel lobbies.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I was also going to mention the Business Center in the Colonial Zone but Matilda beat me to it. It's quite new but they seem to have their heads screwed on. It's in the building where the Mi Loca nightclub used to be on Sanchez. I went in to have a nosey around the other day, they have lots of little offices which are really quirky, they are all different colors and designs. I think you can rent one of them for just a few hours. It's quite close to where I live, so please PM me if you want me to pop over and ask them any questions for you.

Feb 15, 2005
I was also going to mention the Business Center in the Colonial Zone but Matilda beat me to it. It's quite new but they seem to have their heads screwed on. It's in the building where the Mi Loca nightclub used to be on Sanchez. I went in to have a nosey around the other day, they have lots of little offices which are really quirky, they are all different colors and designs. I think you can rent one of them for just a few hours. It's quite close to where I live, so please PM me if you want me to pop over and ask them any questions for you.

Hello Paul, thank you for your offer.

This sounds perfect and much better surrounding for the call. My only issue may be that I'm coming from Duarte North (Santiago) and may need a little direction to get there.
Thanks in advance.

Richard

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Forget his "Sancocho", ask if he is serving any "Cubano Sticks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I smoked one with "HB" about 15 years ago!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps, He gets my vote as the "Nicest Guy" posting on DR1.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Feb 15, 2005
Forget his "Sancocho", ask if he is serving any "Cubano Sticks"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I smoked one with "HB" about 15 years ago!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
ps, He gets my vote as the "Nicest Guy" posting on DR1.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Next time I'm hanging in Santiago, I'll be sure to pm him and say you sent me,,lol.