724,515 Dominicans have pending driving fines

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
The Metropolitan Transport Authority (AMET) reported that they have 724,515 traffic notifications pending for payment from 2011 to the first six months of this year, as reported in Diario Libre. The Attorney General office announced that good conduct papers would not be issued to anyone with pending traffic fines. Diario Libre reports that despite the announcement made yesterday, Tuesday 22 October, only a few attended the traffic court to pay the fine. This means that anyone who needs a certificate confirming that they do not have a Police record, or needs to renew or get a visa to travel abroad, renew their driver's license or other documents will be affected.

AMET reports that there is a plan to criminalize running a red light, transporting children under the age of nine in the front seat, using mobile phones without hands-free sets when driving, drinking alcoholic beverages when driving, driving under the influence of alcohol, and not using a seat belt when driving

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
How they are going to implement that? I am clueless. Now you are going to tell DOMINICANS: DONT DRINK AND DRIVE. WHICH IS PART OF THEIR CULTURE!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
How they are going to implement that? I am clueless. Now you are going to tell DOMINICANS: DONT DRINK AND DRIVE. WHICH IS PART OF THEIR CULTURE!

short of killing the 724,515 of them? no idea.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

castrate a couple of them in public. It is also part of their culture to make babies. Take that away and see the change

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
short of killing the 724,515 of them? no idea.

damn D now I'm going to have to check the date on my no seat belt ticket, wait that was on my US license, not my Dominican one