Punta Rucia Questions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have had the chance to pet a manatee in Santo Domingo at the aquarium. A very gentle giant. No idea on the lodge at Punta Rucia. How are the roads getting there?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
roads are great.
Don't know about the Lodge,
This is going to be a new destination.

The folks that bought my place have invested a ton of $$ and made it into a palace. I will try to post a link.

This is not going to go so un-noticed by the foreign community much longer.

HB

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
the last hidden jewel

HB first told me about PR in 1980
still my favorite place that shows the true DR pristine beach scene
I guess it is good news that it is now "discovered" but sad in a way that this precious jewel could go the way of Sosua

Hi HB: off with ana to punta cana tomorrow to see my former PC boss Domingo
hope all is well in santiago qith your family

red sox won world series with an "importado" aguila, mike napoli, at first base!
go sox

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Thanks for the replies. Hillbilly, if you can find info (post a link) on your haus that would be great.

Here is where we stayed before: Villa Nadine. It is a cool place, not deluxe, but comfortable and with a 25 or so foot boat that comes with. Also, a great cook. Mosquitos are around, but not bad- has moskito netting on beds.

Unbelievable how tourist free and laid back PR is.

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
I only heard about PR a couple years ago, an old coworker was going there about every 6 months and told me about it, he made it sound amazing. I wish there was a bus or an easy way to get there without having to hire a driver for $150.