Maids in Santiago

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
So, mine decided to never return without a word.

Does anyone know of someone who knows someone who would like to work two days a week (in two different apartment)? No English needed, no cooking needed. Cleaning/laundry/ironing would be ideal.

Is there some sort of agency or something where I could find someone (urgently)?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Does anyone know of someone who knows someone who would like to work two days a week (in two different apartment)? No English needed, no cooking needed. Cleaning/laundry/ironing would be ideal.

Is there some sort of agency or something where I could find someone (urgently)?

just go out in the street and shout. they will be lined up at your door.

i am serious..

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I don't know, I always prefer someone with a recommendation. I don't know if it happens everywhere, but I've had more than a few maids with sticky fingers and besides, I'm awfully picky with how everything is done at home.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't know, I always prefer someone with a recommendation. I don't know if it happens everywhere, but I've had more than a few maids with sticky fingers and besides, I'm awfully picky with how everything is done at home.

i see your point. the only problem with recommendations is that you have no way of telling what the standards and expectations of the one who recommends are.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

What's are the duty to be performed and how much is the pay by the day?

I can call some one to help you out.

JJ

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks Bach for thinking of me ;) Kidding..I would not just hire anyone!!...even the so called help that has been working for a while tends to walk off with your things, or one day you notice your food supply is running out while your on a diet...A friend of mine was being robbed blind from one, food, clothes, household items like folks & knifes, come on! and they were very good to her..

Ant

What's are the duty to be performed and how much is the pay by the day?

I can call some one to help you out.

JJ

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Thanks Bach for thinking of me ;) Kidding..I would not just hire anyone!!...even the so called help that has been working for a while tends to walk off with your things, or one day you notice your food supply is running out while your on a diet...A friend of mine was being robbed blind from one, food, clothes, household items like folks & knifes, come on! and they were very good to her..

Ant
OMG they stole your folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

just curious...what was the maids name?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Where in santiago are you? I have a maid can recommend. Alternatively, you can ask the maintenance guy of the ap. building, they can hook you up in a second.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
just curious...what was the maids name?

Her name was Maritza. She just left! She claimed not to have a cell phone or a house phone which seemed kinda suspicious but since she said she was so poor I believed her.

Shalena, I just started looking today, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to your contact

VJS, I live in Villa Olga. By the way, I kinda dislike the maintenance guy here, he sort of follows me round with a stupid look on his face and it creeps me out. When I asked him for someone he sent me a woman who wanted to work mon-fri and charged like 15,000RD$.