new message

paul k

Nov 11, 2013
My post yesterday about non resident and buying a house in joint ownership with my wi

Hello doctor Guzman, after all of those negative comments in the forum i was very worried.
First of all i would like to explain my question ! Although i am not expecting problems, i wanted to know if in the future there were problems ( these things happen ) what security would i have as a none resident ? or for the other matter, what security would i have as a resident ? The thing i am worried about is i do not want to be if anything should go wrong , left there with a big problem and nowhere to stay. How can i secure myself for the unexpected.
This is also a thing with business! I want to invest in small business with the family! how do i secure myself that i loose everything if something would go wrong ? thank you for your time. Saludas paul Kolijn.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My post yesterday about non resident and buying a house in joint ownership with my wi

Hello doctor Guzman, after all of those negative comments in the forum i was very worried.
First of all i would like to explain my question ! Although i am not expecting problems, i wanted to know if in the future there were problems ( these things happen ) what security would i have as a none resident ? or for the other matter, what security would i have as a resident ? The thing i am worried about is i do not want to be if anything should go wrong , left there with a big problem and nowhere to stay. How can i secure myself for the unexpected.
This is also a thing with business! I want to invest in small business with the family! how do i secure myself that i loose everything if something would go wrong ? thank you for your time. Saludas paul Kolijn.

Did you mean this to be a private message to Mr Guzman?

Read the rest of the replies in your OP http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/138844-real-estate-divorce-non-resident.html

I don't think being a non resident will make any difference when spliting assets

Last edited:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Unfortunately your questions seem a little confusing. There are no guarantees in life so I am not sure what you are looking for??? Take care of the legalities of living in the DR and if you want to start a business do your homework and talk to the right people before investing any money. As a non resident you can buy property jointly but if you plan on living in the DR full time you will need to apply for residency. There is a lot of info on the internet or you could have a consultation with a lawyer. Get the info and piece of mind.

LTsteve