Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for orthopaedic surgeon

I would like to consult with an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in back issues: herniated disc, degenerative disc disease and osteo-arthritis. Preferably on the north coast but anywhere is fine - I want to see the best possible doctor.
    Any personal experience? any recommendation of someone with a great reputation?

Thank you!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Domino of Clinic Abreu has an excellent reputation. He operated on a friend of mine who had fallen from a second story landing and broken his pelvis.. at age 62--- along with ribs and other bones.. and when my friend got back to France, after months of recovery, they said that the work was absolutely top notch. Clinic Abreu is where the Peace Corps sends the US Volunteers... it is not the most modern of the hospitals but it is reputed to have the best doctors. Dr. Domino speaks French and English, I believe.

3. Likes artistdani liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Domino speaks French and Spanish, He used to have an associate, that is now at Hospide on Teridenties. speaks english and spanish. don't remember the name but the Receptionist at Domino's can give you the correct name if you need an english speaking Dr.
    They are both excellent!

5. Likes artistdani liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    Domino speaks French and Spanish, He used to have an associate, that is now at Hospide on Teridenties. speaks english and spanish. don't remember the name but the Receptionist at Domino's can give you the correct name if you need an english speaking Dr.
    They are both excellent!

Dr. Dominino and his then associate did both a hip and knee replacement on my wife. Excellent doctors. Dominio is French but did some fairly good English. His associate spoke English and German.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the good recommendation. French is my 1st language, English second and Spanish third. No problems with the 1st 2. Therefore I should not have any language issues. However, i am told that knee and hips are very different specialty from back surgery. But at least I have a name to start investigating. Thank you

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by artistdani View Post
    Thank you for the good recommendation. French is my 1st language, English second and Spanish third. No problems with the 1st 2. Therefore I should not have any language issues. However, i am told that knee and hips are very different specialty from back surgery. But at least I have a name to start investigating. Thank you
    Orthopedic surgeons specialize in knee, hips, shoulders, arthritis, etc. But they also specialize in
    spinal disorders. What you are looking for is a neurosurgeon who specializes in brain, nerves and
    spinal cord disorders such as DDD, herniated discs, spinal stenosis, etc.

9. Likes artistdani, bilko liked this post