This will be deleted.....

W

wobbly

Did any one else notice how selective the deletions are on this board or is it just me being paranoid?

T

Tom F.

I haven't been able to catch the deleted items on the board as of late. There has been times where I have caught posts that were evetually deleted. Rob will usually attribute it to personal attacks and he swings back and forth concerning the type of criticism he allows about the DR. Maybe if the posts that pass the censorship could be copied into another post, minus the deleted post(s). Someone might have something productive to say and it dissappears become of a frowned upon comment later on down the string. It wouldn't really be that much work being it happens maybe once or twice a week sometimes (?).

D

DR1

If I spent all my time....

on this board, I'm sure I would catch most of the posts that warrant deletion.
I don't have the time to look at EVERY post, this is why some survive and some don't.

Often people email and police the board for me which I really appreciate.

I would be more than happy to have someone else moderate this board :)

Rob.

J

John

of course this will be deleted

you are not paranoid wobbly, it is true.
people like criss, Tw, and others foreigners are insulting this country anytime, but this is not DR1 matter because there are not dominicans and they dont care about this country as we do.
DR1 is just a business for them.
Why you dont show my post and let others decide if i am insulting the arrogant Criss.

K

Keith R

Re: of course this will be deleted

Actually you are wrong on at least one point: Dolores is Dominican, and she does care about the DR.

D

DR1

A couple of points....

First: Dolores is very much Dominican as has done more in the last 25yrs to promote this country than anyone I know.

Secondly: Actually, DR1 costs us money to run, we derive our income from other projects we work on outside of dr1.com.
Projects that promote Dominican businesses and the tourism sector.
We run this site as a service, not to generate wealth.

As I tell everyone, if you have a problem with the ethics or owners of this board, go find another board, it's that simple.

I suggest you do a little research before you put your foot in your mouth :)

Rob.

T

Tom F.

Re: A couple of points....

Keep up the good work. You and Dolores are appreciated by some of us. I don't know why people think you are getting rich off this thing. Maybe 10 years down the road something may come of it. Selling a little bit of advertising is not going to help get to retirement.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: to the"this will be deleted" cry babies

First, to John, let me say I am more Dominican than you and 95% of this board and I can say good things and bad things about DR.This is a free country. In fact my green card expired and I am changing it for a 10 year visitors visa because I dont need it. I live here and I refuse to let the US Immigration dictate when I have to travel back and forth.Dominican I am and very proud of it.

To the cry babies, let me also say that I have been deleted several times and Rob or Dolores would send me a note saying the reasons. So what? what is the big deal about getting deleted? I just keep posting something else, that is a priviledge, but it is a DR1 right to accept it. It is their board. I do not lose sleep over deletions.

W

wobbly

Got your cry baby 'dangling'

Just wanted to say I am also glad you are Dominican as I certainly would not want people to think you are representative of Americans. On the other hand I also do not believe you would be considered the normal Dominican either.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Got your cry baby 'dangling'

Guess what, I am as American as you are too. I lived there longer than I have lived in DR and lived well. My addresses in the States were a who is who in addresses. Check these out:111 East Chestnut 47th floor, Chicago...70 East Walton, Chicago right across from Bloomingdales, Mcclurg Court Apts. 33rd. floor, Chicago..40 Coachlight Drive, Chatham, NJ. In case you dont know Chicago, the area is called the Gold Coast( the name speaks for itself) If you want to find me here in Santo Domingo come to Piantini. I also have a house in Miami.

Bill Clinton certainly thought I was representative of all Americans, because in the 40% tax bracket I was in, I was paying and still paying my part for all the missiles that are being shot at the Taliban. If you check my Social Security Statement, I had enough points to retire with full benefits when I reached my 35th, year of age, so I didnt have to work a single day more after 35 to wait for my SS. But guess what I dont need it. George Bush needs it better to support other poor people. And Hipolito really likes my money. Because with what I pay in taxes I support the free electricity that 60% of poor Dominicans receive. I am also one of only 5% of Dominicans who pays for their water service. Everyone wishes they could be so representative. I even had to pay for inheritance taxes on assets and property I even bought for my own mother when she died! So I paid twice. Ha Ha!

W

wobbly

Geesh.........I am impressed.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thou doth protest too much

J

John

Re: A couple of points....

"put your foot in your mouth"
what an insult
you must pray with the sample

P

Pib

Huh?

I have had disagreements with Rob because of his editing policies, but I have to jump out in defense of Dolores. She is a very nice young woman and a defender of all DR.

BTW Rob, you say Dolores "has done more in the last 25yrs to promote this country", get your numbers straight. When did she start? at 10?

D

DR1

Give here a calll....

I'm not going to reveal her age.

Yes, my numbers are pretty much spot on :)

Rob.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: Geesh.........I am impressed.....

Geesh...and you like to read mu posts too!!!!!!!!

W

wobbly

Re: Geesh.........I am impressed.....

What are mu posts? Is that something like 51 United States?