Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing adventures in DR? Close to the North Coast?

Hi,

I have a couple of friends that are coming down a month to Cabarete on the North Coast. They have filmed several fishing episodes (one example here from Key West ) They are on vacation, but still they are interested in filming some interesting fishing if itís fairly close (Punta Cana is probably too far) to Cabarete.
    Jarabacoa, Punta Rucia, and Las Terrenas is probably the limit.

Any interesting fishing adventures on our beautiful island? Itís not my cup of tea so please help...

Thanks in advance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua has fishing charter boats. $400 usd for 4 to 5 hours $80 a piece x 5 guys. The only thing I caught was a buzz. After realizing the fish where not biting, started drinking heavily (free drinks). I have seen some nice catches though.

3. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I started a thread called fresh water fishing a while ago. Very informative reply's. DR1 member Property service team had a lot of knowledge on the subject. The thread is still there found it using search, before I posted this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canned oj View Post
    I started a thread called fresh water fishing a while ago. Very informative reply's. DR1 member Property service team had a lot of knowledge on the subject. The thread is still there found it using search, before I posted this.
    Ohhh yeah the excellent search function. This is what I get using it: http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4574641 However I found it searching through your posts. Thanks!

Anymore fishing adventures out there?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest that they either fish Las Terrenas or Samana Bay. In Las Terrenas the fisherman bring in the catch everyday and sell it fresh right on the beach across from Plaza Mango y Coco. Makes for good footage and they can probably get some tips from the local fisherman.

LTSteve

7. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Right outside Cabarete, on the east side is La Boca, on the Yasica River outlet to the ocean. Wilson, an English speaking Dominican and nice guy, does fishing excursions on the river, usually for snook (robalo). Then he'll bring you back and cook your lunch with the day's catch in his little hut across the river. It was a very good experience for those I've sent there.

9. Likes DR Mpe, Rattus_Rattus, corsair74 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DR Mpe View Post
    Hi,

I have a couple of friends that are coming down a month to Cabarete on the North Coast. They have filmed several fishing episodes (one example here from Key West ) They are on vacation, but still they are interested in filming some interesting fishing if itís fairly close (Punta Cana is probably too far) to Cabarete.
    Jarabacoa, Punta Rucia, and Las Terrenas is probably the limit.

Any interesting fishing adventures on our beautiful island? Itís not my cup of tea so please help...

Thanks in advance
    They are coming from Norway, I suppose. Or they are Norwegians at least. I know nothing about fishing, so I used Google. This is what I found (can't vouch for accuracy of the info, though):

tripadvisor

IguanaMama

POP 1

POP 2

Maybe some of the links might be of value.

Cheers!

11. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

i go deep sea fishing on my 40ft boat almost every weekend, specially now as its mahi season pm me and lets see if we can coordinate something

13. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

here's an idea - in Rio San Juan

The Golden Dolphin Villa - Deep Sea Fishing

15. Likes DR Mpe liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing up at Jarabacoa? My thinking as a novice...is that those clean rivers and falls up there would be nice to fish in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast