Does anyone know a site where they list cars for sale?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hard to beat on the supply of cars, however for good deals sites like emarket.do and lapulga are good, while you are not dealing with dealers.

I think we've all agreed to avoid private sales where possible...... I sure want to.

Price of car + lawyer + who knows what else.

Dealer = one stop shopping - wire/carry money to dealer and drive away

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I think we've all agreed to avoid private sales where possible...... I sure want to.

Price of car + lawyer + who knows what else.

Dealer = one stop shopping - wire/carry money to dealer and drive away

It depends. I have bought cars here from from private persons and from dealers. The good part of buying from a dealer is that they will put it on your name, no plan piloto, no going to DGII. For the rest, either way the car can be crap. If you find a nice deal with a private person that saves you 100,000 pesos, I don't see why not go for it. With your eyes open of course.

That being said, as soon as I can I will only buy new vehicles in this country.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
It depends. I have bought cars here from from private persons and from dealers. The good part of buying from a dealer is that they will put it on your name, no plan piloto, no going to DGII. For the rest, either way the car can be crap. If you find a nice deal with a private person that saves you 100,000 pesos, I don't see why not go for it. With your eyes open of course.

That being said, as soon as I can I will only buy new vehicles in this country.

best car deal I ever saw on here was when King Robert was selling his SUV a few years back...
Had a photo session for the scrub/clean..... the works.

I just like the ease of a dealer..... but then again, I don't shop.
It all gets delivered

Push button control.... love it.

Watch those rich Dominicans in SD......... they don't lift a finger for anything.

Want a car? -- they buy it and it comes to the house -- SD or Casa de Campo

Food/Groceries.... delivered

I'm learning......