what about the computer calling cards?

J

Jan

does net2phone or Dialpad computer telephones work in RD? I use the net2phone calling card on the regular phones and I know they do not have that available there. But dialpad says you can make calls from anywhere using their card..but when I tried from RD it did not work..unless i was doing it wrong..which I have been known to do at times!!jejej Anyhow I would like to use the computer to call home from there.Also are there any internet answering machines you can use there? to get calls when your on line? Thanks!!!

W

William Leslie

I use Net2phone to call to anywhere from the DR from my home. It is not a calling card however but prepaid account...maybe there is a difference.

B

Bill

We use Yahoo Calling (based on Net2Phone) and as we have a US billing address our calls from DR to USA cost only 0.02 per minute. Quality of connection is not perfect but is very acceptable. It is prepaid using a credit card. If you do not have a US address I think the charge is 0.135 per minute. With a US address they think you are calling US - US.

O

Observer

Dialpad works...

Dialpad works here in the DR when dialed from a computer ... provided of course that one can get the dial applet to load. Since there seems to be no manual way to do that, one simply has to be patient, I suppose, just as trying to use Dialpad in the US.

I've not tried Net2phone, but Dialpad seems to provide acceptable quality, especially for the price of 2.9 cents per minute. It provides easy dialing, tracks calls, and allows online recharging.

I don't know of an internet answering machine here though. I think that the only requirement would be the redirect telephone number feature. It may very well exist. I just don't know.