frank12's norwegian paradise is a bit windy today :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
[video=youtube;rKUipxR3bDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKUipxR3bDc[/video]

pretty good video there :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I believe someone was killed in leeds due to the bad design of a building where people are blown of their feet

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Notice there is not one single piece of trash blown about.

i guess the first gust of wind cleared the streets nicely ;)

on a serious note, there is no trash to be blown about. oslo is really spotless.

i loved the giant ginger policeman who moved around with zero difficulties. dude must weight 100 kilos. i had a friend who was rather short and thin, she was 41 kg. in a wind like this she'd be a speck in a distance, wiped off the face of the earth.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Sometimes--every now and then--when a strong northern wind gets really whipped up in a frenzy, you can catch a few disoriented beavers and take them home and make good pets out of them. They keep you warm in the cold winter months. True story.

Frank

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
In Canada we also occasionally find the odd disoriented beaver to keep us warm in the winter.

May 29, 2006
Notice there is not one single piece of trash blown about.

Almost no litter where I live. We had a new crop of Cornell students come in this year and they made a mess over Labor Day weekend. Mostly red Solo cups and take out containers. The new mayor organized a volunteer work party the next day to come clean up the streets and had a talk with some of the students with crap on their front lawns, saying he would support any landlord that evicted students for making a mess. The area has been spotless since then. The $250 fine(no warning) and up to 15 days in jail for littering is another incentive.

http://cornellsun.com/blog/2013/09/03/ithacans-mayor-svante-myrick-09-pick-up-trash-in-collegetown/