Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone in the Medical / Hospital environment ?

Hi Guys

Happy New Year for later on today / tonight

Is there anyone who has connections with the medical profession or hospitals in the Santiago de los Cabelleros region.

A friend of mine has just graduated from Santiago University and is now looking to get to work.

During her time at Uni she had done residencial care as part of her training and has done private care work as well to earn money to pay her way thru uni.

If anyone has any connections in this area it would be lovely to be able to point her in the right direction.

Either hospital / clinic or residencial care homes or even private care of individuals would be wonderful

Its worth an ask because if you dont ask you dont get.

For what its worth she is a really genuine young lady, a real sweetheart and typical of the sort of person who should be in that profession

Thanks everyone

Happy new year to you all

Paul

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freemo View Post
    Hi Guys

Is there anyone who has connections with the medical profession or hospitals in the Santiago de los Cabelleros region.

A friend of mine has just graduated from Santiago University and is now looking to get to work.

During her time at Uni she had done residencial care as part of her training and has done private care work as well to earn money to pay her way thru uni.

If anyone has any connections in this area it would be lovely to be able to point her in the right direction.

Either hospital / clinic or residencial care homes or even private care of individuals would be wonderful

For what its worth she is a really genuine young lady, a real sweetheart and typical of the sort of person who should be in that profession

Thanks everyone

Paul

I should make it clear - this is for a Nurse and not a doctor

Thanks Guys

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am replying just so i can find the thread again. I cant offer you any information, bt the topic intrigues me. I look forward to seeing what other folks have to say. good luck to your friend. She will need it. nurses get crapped on in DR.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Santiago University"???????
    Never heard of THAT!
    Does your "Friend" have a degree in nursing????
    Nurses in the DR don't get "Crapped" on.
    If you mean they do hard work, for low pay, THAT is NOT being "Crapped On"!
    The "So Called" nurses here have very little, to NO professional training.
    They have no nursing skills.
    When I first started working here at the "Plaza de la Salud", in 1995,I was amazed at the nurses pathetic skill sets.
    I asked a Dominican Urologist, with 40 years working in Canadian hospitals, "What makes a GOOD Dominican nurse"????
    He said, "If she can bring you a good cup of coffee, Keep Her, she's a "Good Nurse"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After working in hospitals here for 10 years, and being an inpatient several times,I Agreed!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    "Santiago University"???????
    Never heard of THAT!
    Does your "Friend" have a degree in nursing????
    Nurses in the DR don't get "Crapped" on.
    If you mean they do hard work, for low pay, THAT is NOT being "Crapped On"!
    The "So Called" nurses here have very little, to NO professional training.
    They have no nursing skills.
    When I first started working here at the "Plaza de la Salud", in 1995,I was amazed at the nurses pathetic skill sets.
    I asked a Dominican Urologist, with 40 years working in Canadian hospitals, "What makes a GOOD Dominican nurse"????
    He said, "If she can bring you a good cup of coffee, Keep Her, she's a "Good Nurse"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    After working in hospitals here for 10 years, and being an inpatient several times,I Agreed!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Universidad Tecnológica de Santiago —or Santiago University of Technology (UTESA) has a nursing program as does UCE. The quality of either I don't know.

6. Likes DOC1727 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen this in numerous occasions before in the DR, how people are always bad mouthing the medical profession but, once they get sick or get hurt they throw themselves at the mercy of the Dominican Doctor, nurse and staff to help them save their own life or of love ones. PATHETIC!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOC1727 View Post
    I have seen this in numerous occasions before in the DR, how people are always bad mouthing the medical profession but, once they get sick or get hurt they throw themselves at the mercy of the Dominican Doctor, nurse and staff to help them save their own life or of love ones. PATHETIC!
    Well we don't have much choice living in DR! Lol.
    Doesn't everyone bad mouth medical wherever they live?!

10. Likes Criss Colon, sosuamatt liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOC1727 View Post
    I don't think in this thread anyone is bad mouthing the medical profession. There are many excellent doctors here and there have been many posts on dr1 talking about the excellent care gotten from doctors, clinics and hospitals in the DR.

The comments about nursing are not meant to bad mouth the medical profession. They are stating the fact. Do you have much personal knowledge about nurses and nursing care in the DR? If you do, I would like to know if you think the training and skill of a tyical nurse in the DR is equal to that in the US or Canada, for example, or even close to what is required/expected of nurses in those countries.

Certainly there are exceptions. For example, I have had a nurse put me on the table and stitch me up after i fell and got a big gash over one eye. She did as fast and as well as any doctor could have, and there was no scar. But that is not typical in the DR.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freemo View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks everyone

Paul
    Public Health is ruled by politicians. Your friend should find a politician who works in that area or has the right connections there. It doesn't really matter if she's a sweetheart or if she's really good at her job.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast