Wow! I left in November came back 2 days ago and TRAFFIC LIGHTS now.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I hope they last but I'm guessing in 6 months they won't be working.
One other thing that bothers me, if you are coming from let's say tobacco plaza and want to stop off at Iberia supermercado, You have to go all the way to avenue espana now and make a right and go through the Fruisa crossing. Bad planning there, No exit. I guess ill just keep going straight to pola for groceries now, it's 10 times better anyways.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
There was an exit but people were taking it the wrong way (intentionally) and it was causing accidents so they put up the small divider and blocked it off. At least now there isn't as much traffic in Friusa... Careful at the new lights on the highway in Bavaro. Lots of motorcycles are passing on the red light and there have been several accidents so far.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Also, the price of a "toda la noche" has gone up from $100 to $110. :smoke:

Unless you're gonna "stiff" the girl.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Wait until the light fades

PJT's concern is when the government as usual falls behind in its payments to CEPM for the power costs of the traffic lights, CEPM will cut the service, chaos ensues.

There will be some naysayers to this thought. However, look at the track record for the lights at the Fruisa crossroad.

Stay safe and regards,

PJT

Seacreature

Jul 27, 2013
www.dynagirlonline.com
PJT's concern is when the government as usual falls behind in its payments to CEPM for the power costs of the traffic lights, CEPM will cut the service, chaos ensues.

There will be some naysayers to this thought. However, look at the track record for the lights at the Fruisa crossroad.

Stay safe and regards,

PJT

Does PJT always refer to himself in the third person?

Anyway, I hope the lights last, but history has already proven different from what I've heard. In just the short time since the lights went up I've seen a big disregard for them, so I can't imagine it'll make much of an impact, other than creating more deadly wrecks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The new completed road is as good as you will find in any Country. From Punta Cana all the way to Miches.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Anyway, I hope the lights last, but history has already proven different from what I've heard. In just the short time since the lights went up I've seen a big disregard for them, so I can't imagine it'll make much of an impact, other than creating more deadly wrecks.

Celt is of the opinion that the 3rd person usage by PJT gives him a certain idiosyncratic mystique and charm. :laugh:

He may be a tad eccentric but he's our eccentric, if you will. Celt does not recall PJT ever posting fluff or nonsense.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

haha... always makes me think of "The Jimmy" episode of Seinfeld show... brings a smile to my face!

"Jimmy's DOWWNNNNN... " LOLOLOL

[video=youtube;Apa0nG1OfUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc[/video]

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Celt is of the opinion that the 3rd person usage by PJT gives him a certain idiosyncratic mystique and charm. :laugh:

He may be a tad eccentric but he's our eccentric, if you will. Celt does not recall PJT ever posting fluff or nonsense.

I generally assume use of the third person is an attempt by the user to add an air of importance to his or her self. Personally I find it incredibly annoying.

As for the traffic signals, according to the signage, these are temporary. I'm just curious how many years it will take to put up the permanent signals with dedicated lights for the left turn lanes.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I generally assume use of the third person is an attempt by the user to add an air of importance to his or her self. Personally I find it incredibly annoying.

As for the traffic signals, according to the signage, these are temporary. I'm just curious how many years it will take to put up the permanent signals with dedicated lights for the left turn lanes.

my guess is, nunca.. Wouldn't that be something a dedicated left turn signal...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
my guess is, nunca.. Wouldn't that be something a dedicated left turn signal...

would be more surprising if anyone knows the traffic rules, let alone follow them. They are certainly either unknown or ignored here in Pittsburgh... heaven only knows what would happen in the "wild west" of driving in the D.R. (Which I've found not to be really any worse than here at home.)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
He informs with the help of a shtick

Celt202, Thanks for the boost. The third person is PJT's shtick used as a tool to accent his posts and also to give rise to more banter within the forum.

Regards,

PJT

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Celt202, Thanks for the boost. The third person is PJT's shtick used as a tool to accent his posts and also to give rise to more banter within the forum.

PJT

Now we know where Herman Cain disappeared to.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I enjoyed the digital clocks at some of the bigger intersections here in SD, and I also saw some in Santiago.
They counted down the seconds remaining before the "Red Light", changed to a "Green Light", and "Visa Versa".
Most have disappeared, the rest are not working!!!!
Sometimes we forget, once the "New Stuff" has been purchased by the DR Gov., and they have received their "Kick Backs",...and "Comisiones", there is no incentive to maintain anything!!!!!
Better to start the process all over again!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC