Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recovering nicely I hope

Its been one week since my little accident and I think I am recovering alright.
    On Saturday the 28 my wife and I were out on my bike (un harley) and were hit by a small pickup coming out of a parking lot. Because it was coming out at an angle it was almost a headon collision. I was doing about 25 mph and the truck was accelerating out. Wife flew over me and landed about 20 feet from me as I stayed on the bike because I sit low.
    Brusied body mainly on the right side, fractured pelvis, broken wrist, bruised ribs and the ego is completely shattered. Wife broke bone in her hand, badly sprained ankle and bump on the head and other aches and pains. No she wasn't wearing her helmut, can't mess the hair you know. Someone kindly offered to take care of my wallet because if I don't it will be stolen in the hospital. No thank you.
    After waiting for what seemed like hours, someone drove us in one of those tiny mini vans to our clinic of choice. It was a very nice ride, a 5 to 10 minute ride turned into 30 minutes at least. I remember looking up and see the elevated highway twice in our ride, it was nowhere near to the clinic or on the way to the clinic. The skilled driver was also able to find every pothole in the city and hit them hard and twice, hence the double visit to the elevated highway.
    At the clinic we were x-rayed and treated and released within 3 or 4 hours. As we were about to leave the driver of the pickup showed up to pay the bill. My wifes lawyer and best friend were there by now along with PN captain brother in law and all of the family. At least 20 people. At least the guy has insurance and license. He only needs to learn to not accelerate across traffic lanes when there is traffic coming.
    Once home wifes family has been here to care for us. Wife also has 3 kids 15 19 20. They ****ed me off so much. Between the 3 they could have cared for us and the 2 small ones but instead they had to party. The 15 year old is already out on her own and I told the other 2 to be gone when I return from Canada for a short visit to take care of some financial matters.
    The bike is here and really not much damage and wait for the insurance company to fix it. Then its back on the horse for me. I was told the pickup was totally demolished on the front.
    Just another day in the DR

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

that sucks, but glad to hear you're O.K. Every vehicle you see on the road is a disaster waiting to happen, along with all those you DON'T see. So many drivers go by the motto... "watch out, here I come!"

WEAR THE FREAKIN' HELMET. You got lucky this time... don't count on it happening again.
    Last edited by CaptnGlenn; 01-05-2014 at 06:46 PM.

3. Likes localhistorybuff, rogerjac liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad ure ok and everything turned out more or less OK.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

glad to hear you are ok

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Could have been so much worse. Glad to hear your doing well.

drescape24

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That was so kind of that person who asked to take care of your wallet for you! The kindness in the DR never ends!!!

Glad you, your Wife and bike are ok!!!! Mostly the bike i was concerned about though :-)

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you are lucky. i was very close to being his by a car leaving parking lot. he accelerated suddenly and i only avoided being hit because there was a big pot hole on the road and i swayed left. i always assume every other user of the road is an idiot with a death wish. it kinda helps

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

How's the Harley?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    That was so kind of that person who asked to take care of your wallet for you! The kindness in the DR never ends!!!

Glad you, your Wife and bike are ok!!!! Mostly the bike i was concerned about though :-)

Glad you survived ok.

Harleysrock - thought you did not actually like Harley Davidsons?

11. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Dislikes Harleysrock disliked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luperon View Post
    Glad you survived ok.

Harleysrock - thought you did not actually like Harley Davidsons?
    I do like them a lot, just not for DR really and they do seem to have a lot of expensive problems.
    OP wasn't riding a Harley tho! At least I don't think it was from the pic I saw of it?!

P.S. Didn't mean to dislike your post only meant to like it!

13. Likes Tamborista liked this post
    Dislikes Tamborista disliked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast