now a book

S

Susana

Thanks to you all, I have found out about "the butterflies"...
now, how about a book about the Dictator Truijjlo (spelling?) it has the word goat in it and last year I could only find it in Spanish. Does anyone have the details and where I could get it in English?

L

Lyse

The book about TRUJILLO you are looking for is "La fiesta del chivo" by Mario Vargas Llosa. Sorry, I don't know if it has been published in English.

P

Pib

Beware!

La Fiesta del Chivo is a fiction book, actually is a historical novel. Do not get your facts from that book, it is a fairly good reading once you know the history behind it.

M

Milo

Re: Beware!

Trujillo "The Death of the Goat"
Written by Bernard Diederich
Published by Waterfront press
Copyright 1990 by Bernard Diederich
ISBN 0-943862-44-2
Paperback 264 pages
Very interesting book.
(Also published with the title: The Death of the Dictator

D

Dee DeMusis

Re: Beware!

To anyone interested: there was a book published a couple of years ago first in Spannish, and now, I believe, in English titled Three Heroines, One tyrant. It is written by Miguel Garcia Aguilar [or something in that "neighborhood]. This is NOT fiction. It DOES, however back up everything Alvarez did because he even shas the photographs of the people, places, and things that she does. If anyone could help ME with the exact name of the author, I'd be grateful. I know that I can get the Spanish version here in New York at Lectorum on 14th Street between 7th and 8th-- but if I could get the Ennnglish too, that would be a boon to me and the others. Thanks.