HELP!! I always get lost trying to go from northwest Sto. Dom back to Samana Hwy!

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Can someone PLEASE tell me the best and fastest way to get from PriceSmart back to the road to Las Americas?
The last times I tried to take JFKennedy from IKEA to 27 de Sept, I ended up stuck under the highway in the middle of the Duarte market!:confused:
This time I need to get from PriceSmart to SDQ airport--
Any help would be greatly appreciated---Muchas gracias!
:)Susan

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Take Kennedy until Maximo Gomez. At Maximo Gomez you turn right (don't take the underpass there) to the south. You pass one small traffic light, and then the next intersection (27 de febrero) you turn left (make sure to stay on the left side of the road to take the 'elevado'. When you reach the river keep completely left as well, to take the lane that is on the left bridge (one lane to go east, the other lanes come back into the city. Take the tunnel and when you get out make sure you first keep left and then keep right (DONT take the road to San Isidro).

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
..... I ended up stuck under the highway in the middle of the Duarte market!:confused:
LOL, I remember the first time that happened to me. I was like, WTF

Fastest would be JFK or 27 but as you know one goof up and you are in a world of trouble.

The easiest would be to take Churchill to the malecon and direct to the airport. No tricky turns taking this route.

Leaving PriceSmart head back to Churchill and make a right. Take Churchill to the malecon. To make sure you are going in the right direction on Churchill just ask anyone, el malecon. Driving on Churchill go past 27 de febrero and continue driving straight. Once again just ask for el malecon.

At the end of Churchill you will come to the malecon. Make a left here. From this point on always have water on the right and buildings on the left. After a few minutes you will start to have the larger hotels on your left, water on the right. Once the large hotels end be on the lookout for the cruise port. There is always a cruise ship or freighter docked there so you can't miss it. Right after the port keep your eyes open for a bridge. Not a large elevated one but a bridge pretty much on the water. Make a right, cross the bridge and make another right.

From this point on stay on the main road. Water on the right, buildings on the left. This will be avenida espana. There are a couple of twists in the road but stay on the main road. Continue driving and in about ten minutes you will be on the main highway headed to the airport.

Not the quickest, but I think the easiest.

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
At the end of Churchill you will come to the malecon. Make a left here. From this point on always have water on the right and buildings on the left. After a few minutes you will start to have the larger hotels on your left, water on the right. Once the large hotels end be on the lookout for the cruise port. There is always a cruise ship or freighter docked there so you can't miss it. Right after the port keep your eyes open for a bridge. Not a large elevated one but a bridge pretty much on the water. Make a right, cross the bridge and make another right.

From this point on stay on the main road. Water on the right, buildings on the left. This will be avenida espana. There are a couple of twists in the road but stay on the main road. Continue driving and in about ten minutes you will be on the main highway headed to the airport.

Floating Bridge- Look for sign "Puente Flotante"

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Can someone PLEASE tell me the best and fastest way to get from PriceSmart back to the road to Las Americas?
The last times I tried to take JFKennedy from IKEA to 27 de Sept, I ended up stuck under the highway in the middle of the Duarte market!:confused:
This time I need to get from PriceSmart to SDQ airport--
Any help would be greatly appreciated---Muchas gracias!

Assuming by PriceSmart you mean the old one by the Alfa Romeo dealership, as you exit the parking lot turn to the right, then turn right unto Churchill and keep going until intersection with 27 de Febrero and turn left there. Once you pass the traffic light merge unto the two central lanes and keep going until you pass the Duarte Bridge, then follow the signs for Las Americas. Keep going until the toll booth and then turn right for the airport.

If by PriceSmart you mean the one in Arroyo Hondo, as you come out of the parking lot turn to the right and keep going until you reach the traffic circle by the botanical garden. Go three quarters around the traffic circle and turn unto the road on the right. Keep going until you reach 27 de Feb and turn left, then follow the bold part in the previous paragraph.

Might take a while depending on time of day, but its the easiest way with not much turning required.

By the way, its 27 de Feb not 27 de Sept.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks to everyone who took the time to help me--You are why I love DR1 !!!

I didn't realize there were two PriceSmarts--old and new!?
I'm driving from Las Terrenas tomorrow--- need to also stop at IKEA and then pick up guests at SDQ at 3:00PM.
So...now l need to know which PriceSmart will be the closest, por favor!!
Gracias!!!:)
Susan

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
Don't sweat it, I get lost everywhere in this country even when I know where I am.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Don't sweat it, I get lost everywhere in this country even when I know where I am.
Talk about funny, I love it..........

........need to also stop at IKEA and then pick up guests at SDQ at 3:00PM.
So...now l need to know which PriceSmart will be the closest, por favor!!
Gracias!!!:)
Susan

Just my two pesos, you can go to IKEA first and from there go to PriceSmart on Charles Summer. Follow the driving directions I gave you and if you have time to spare you can stop at Adrian Tropical on the malecon for lunch.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I would think the easiest yet not most obvious route would be continue on Kennedy into ensanche luperon, take a right at the lights at the metro and continue on that road until you hit the highway and hang a left onto the bridge. Not the most obvious but once here you are signposted onto Las Americas.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks again for the helpful advice---yesterday was the first time I made it out of Sto. Dom with no problems! I took the easiest route along the Malecon; however, please note: You canNOT turn left off Winston Churchill onto Malecon....need to go west a couple blocks and get traffic signal at Calle Luperon--- My previous mistake using this route was to turn LEFT off the floating bridge....tthis time I followed directions and had a lovely drive all the way to SDQ--- Thank you again, mis amigos!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.......You canNOT turn left off Winston Churchill onto Malecon....:)Susan
Sorry, I thought in the back of my mind you could not hook a left but didn't want to scramble your brain :). I knew you would figure out what to do...... water on the right..... LOL