British woman gets 12 years for husbands murder

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
British woman sentenced to 12 years in prison on husband’s murder

BREAKING NEWS:

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.- British National Nicole Reyes was sentenced on Tuesday to 12 years in prison by the Puerto Plata province Collegiate Court, in the hearing of the trial for the murder of her husband Jorge Quintanilla.

A three judge panel court headed the hearing on a charge of murder.

According to a Puerto Plata court source, the hearing began at 9:45am, and concluded at 11:56am.

More infornation as available...

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...nced-to-12-years-in-prison-on-husbands-murder

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Let's see what happens with this thread. The other threads were a bunch of speculations.

Now it has been established that it was murder .

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Too Bad, they made such a handsome couple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"FAT BRITISH COW 1",...."Dominican Sankie 0"!
How could things have gone so wrong????????????
Who could have predicted it????
Should be required reading for the two Canadian girls "Dying" to get visas for their Motenito,"SOUL Mates" on DR1 right now!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she will surely appeal and this whole case will drag for a while longer. but at least this is some sort of a decision.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
PROSECUTION SAID TO SEEK 12 YEARS IN PRISON(CORRECTION)

British woman faces 12 years in prison on husband’s murder(CORRECTION)

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.- British National Nicole Reyes faces 12 years in prison requested by the prosecution on Tuesday, in a hearing at the Puerto Plata province Collegiate Court, according to officials at the Puerto Plata office of the Prosecutor.

The hearing of the trial for the murder of Reyes' husband Jorge Quintanilla is headed by a three judge panel court.

A source in the Puerto Plata court said the hearing began at 9:45am, and concluded at 11:56am.

More information as available...

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-12-years-in-prison-on-husbands-murderCorrect

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Did she "SMOTHER" him to death???????
Could have been an accident.
I think it's safe to say that "Quintanilla" was a "TIT MAN"???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm confused.... was she actually convicted of the murder? Or is the 12 years just a suggested sentence if she is???

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I'm confused.... was she actually convicted of the murder? Or is the 12 years just a suggested sentence if she is???

I posted a CORRECTED(statement) by the EDITOR who says now that the prosecution is seeking 12 years.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I don't think she has been convicted of anything yet. Sounds like a hearing was held, at which the prosecutor requested 12 years.

Look at the time: started at 9:45 and ended at ll:56 am. Not even in the DR is a trial going to last little more than 2 hours.

The article says "hearing", and there is nothing to indicate it was any more than that.

Regarding the corrected article, "seeking" makes it even more certain there has been no trial.

For example, when an article in CNN says the attorney general is seeking the death penalty for the Boston Bomber, that does mean he has been tried and convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.