Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Medical Costs.. x rays cat scan

Just thought I would post

At Clinic Abreu.. two x rays. head .. 800 pesos

ct scan / 2600 pesos

I have insurance which paid.. I do not know if prices would be different for someone without local insurance.

*I have hearing loss, and now sudden nausea and dizziness,.,, thought the hearing loss was from a couple of years ago when a baby squid took up residence in my ear.. ok.. tomorrow for the blood test and full hearing test.

2. Likes appleman liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

When I broke my wrist each x-ray at 3 different clinics charged 400 pesos each. Guess it must be a standard rate as we didn't have insurance.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Chest x-ray in jarabacoa - 40 pesos

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Have no clue how much they cost here in PC but I bet they are around that, a friend of mine broke her foot and had to have two x-rays, plaster etc., and it all cost her RD$4,000 without insurance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's that cheap, why bother with insurance?

7. Likes pelaut liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post
    If it's that cheap, why bother with insurance?
    because apart from a small thing like breaking your leg you may also have a car accident, require extensive surgery, get cancer and run into situations that will leave you penniless. each of those could end up costing you a cool million pesos. you have that much spare change? i don't.

9. Likes Criss Colon, KateP, sabra liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Chest X-ray, clinic luperon, capital, RD200 with insrance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    because apart from a small thing like breaking your leg you may also have a car accident, require extensive surgery, get cancer and run into situations that will leave you penniless. each of those could end up costing you a cool million pesos. you have that much spare change? i don't.
    I appreciate what you say. However, in my case, I will be on Medicare starting next month. In case of a major surgery or a catastrophic illness, I could go back to the US. I understand that is not the case for everyone, and I should have qualified my former post.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate what you say. However, in my case, I will be on Medicare starting next month. In case of a major surgery or a catastrophic illness, I could go back to the US. I understand that is not the case for everyone, and I should have qualified my former post.
    I used to think like you - and my supplemental insurance will reimburse us for any emergency care we need for the first 90 days we're out of the country.

What happens if you're in an accident on day 91? It's not the US where car insurance pays your medical bills.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

if you have a car accident and need to have both legs amputated asap your chances of going to the USA to have it done are zero. think about that. heart attack, stroke, head injury - the same thing, you are going nowhere. health insurance is one of the things you keep on paying for all your life yet still you are best off never using a cent that you put in.

14. Likes Harleysrock, KateP liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast