Stolen Rottweiler

fantasywriter

Mar 6, 2014
Hi,

I'm posting this information for a friend of mine who has had his lovely Rottweiler stolen.

The dog is a male 9 months old and is a beautiful family pet. My friend is devastated at the loss of his constant companion and any information which could lead to his return would be rewarded.

This is the information he asked my to pass on:

born 20 april last year approx. 95lbs his name is Tyson....stolen about 4 or 5 weeks ago from Gran Parada (between Puerto Plata and Montellano....he was wearing 2 collars... a choker and a new brown collar

tyson.jpg

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
We should all be on the look out, call out "tyson" to every black rot you see. Thieves may try to change his markings.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
poor thing. i would be very sad if someone took my goggies as well :( i don't think they look particularly inviting, thou. he must have been taken for breeding purposes so maybe your friends should look for people in the area who have a female rottie in heat.

I got my chi back from putting posters up everywhere especially at vet clinics. Has the owner done this? Not sure it would be as effective here but maybe with a reward? I had 10 people helping me do this and put an announcement on a few radio stations.

I could put the posters up in our area and at The vets in sosua - R?o San Juan area. Just pm me and I will give you my email.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
thats really sad, not only for the owners but for the dog aswell, if his owner is a american or canadian, we treat our pets like humans and now has been stolen and taken care of "care" by a dominican who to them dogs are just dogs in most cases and a way to make money with the babies.

very very sad. the dog must be depressed from being away from home, even at 9 months they are so attached to the owners as their real mom an dad.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I could put the posters up in our area and at The vets in sosua - R?o San Juan area. Just pm me and I will give you my email.

A friend of mine put the posters up with a reward for her lost dog, and to further dis-incentivize potential new owner wannabes wrote that the dog was sick with diabetes and requires expensive medicine and some other nasty stuff. The dog was brought back in 2 hours!

fantasywriter

Mar 6, 2014
Hi, the owner is a Brit and loved this dog. He still tears up whenever Tyson is mention so it has hit him very hard.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It is not knowing, worse when a bitch on the chance she is farmed, when a big dog as such, put to fight or just spending his life chained in the sun in some junk yard and fed scraps. Chances are now slim and lets just hope he was sold for a large sum and then at least he will have gone to somewhere with the cash to support him. Problem living in such an ignorant societyy with little value for human life yet alone animal life is they have no idea what they are doing to a family when they take away their pet.

Very depressing.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bitch in Heat?

... his lovely Rottweiler stolen.
....he was wearing 2 collars... a choker and a new brown collar

How did this happen?
Was your friend out with the dog on a walk?
Was the dog running off and did not return?
What was done there and then in order to retrieve the dog?

donP

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Would like to know the circumpstances....... steal a 95lb rottie!!!! How do u go about that??? Shoot him to sleep with a dart gun??? Knock him out??? Hard to imagine someone stealing mine.........

Anyhow, I hope he is found sound and well...... very sad for the owner and of course the dog......

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We should all be on the look out, call out "tyson" to every black rot you see. Thieves may try to change his markings.

LOL Luperon, MY male rottie is named Tyson too! Don't anyone try to steal him!

We did "lose" him once, right after we got him, he slipped out the gate and disappeared. Spent untold hours looking for him and calling his name - nothing. We live in a small campo, we knew he couldn't have gone that far.

Once we told the motoconcho drivers there was a 1000 peso reward, he magically appeared.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would have assumed your Rottie had an Italian name. Or at least Rocky.

That is a great idea, offer a big reward, circulate the reward info on flyers. The thief will return him. Seems to be common in the DR, buying your stuff back.

LOL Luperon, MY male rottie is named Tyson too! Don't anyone try to steal him!

We did "lose" him once, right after we got him, he slipped out the gate and disappeared. Spent untold hours looking for him and calling his name - nothing. We live in a small campo, we knew he couldn't have gone that far.

Once we told the motoconcho drivers there was a 1000 peso reward, he magically appeared.

fantasywriter

Mar 6, 2014
No, the dog nipped around the back of the house for its routine bathroom break and failed to return. It was devoted to its family and never wandered.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Could be a first "heat", they smell the bitches far off......... hope he comes back soon.....