Concrete Stamps

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
Anyone know where I can get custom made concrete stamps? I know they have them as I have seen many really nice patios done with them in the Bavaro area but can't seem to find a dealer.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DirectionalDr,
This may not be much help but there is a company on the North Coast just outside Sosua making these items. Concrete stamps = Paving slabs?

Olly and the Team

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
DirectionalDr,
This may not be much help but there is a company on the North Coast just outside Sosua making these items. Concrete stamps = Paving slabs?

Olly and the Team

Thanks Olly, but they aren't slabs they are rubber templates that they put over top the fresh cement to make patterns. You see them on all the Malecons and parks. Red cement that looks like bricks but isn't. Im looking for ones that look like tile and wood.

Aug 6, 2006
A friend of mine had a concrete stamped driveway. The concrete is poured, and the top layer is dyed, usually dark red. Then after they screed the concrete, they pay some rummer ore silicone molds over it to simulate stones, in various patterns, like Paris streets. It really looks nice, and is cheaper than laying paving stones. It is better in some ways, plants do not r=grow up between the stones. In 2001, my friend did a large double car drive wat and I think it cost him US $3000.

mudman24

Jan 8, 2014
I did concrete flat work for 25 years before moving here last July....hence the name mudman. I did many stamped drives, patios, porches, walks ect... The square foot price was started around 10.00 on up to 18.00 for what we did. I was pleasantly surprised to see so much stamping here on the NC.

May 29, 2006
$16 plus shipping..

039645692103lg.jpg

Shop QUIKRETE Country Stone Walk Maker Concrete Mold at Lowes.com

May 29, 2006
One thing I've done is to set cinder blocks into the ground at grade then fill them almost to the top with sand and dirt. You can get grass growing in the gaps and holes and it wears down to the top of the blocks. I saw in Los Charimicos almost 30 years ago at a hotel and used it on a steep drive where cars often bottomed out. I mixed in a bag of concrete with about a half yard of sand to act as a binder, then hosed it after I was done. It's been more than 20 years since I put it in and it still works fine. Looks nicer than it sounds. I did a Herringbone pattern.

May 29, 2006
With the cost of labor, you could prob hire someone to make concrete bricks. The forms are simple enough to make.

mudman24

Jan 8, 2014
I know of several places in the states that rent them. Here, I haven't seen any yet but I'm in the Sosua area.