Regarding Efforts To Promote North Coast

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

The promotional efforts of Lorenzo Sancassani as Director of Tourism and the Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garc?a, for the benefit of Cabarete, Sos?a and Puerto Plata are beginning to deliver results. They recently visited the tourism fairs in Israel and Italy. Now they are present at the tourist fair in Berlin, Germany (ITB 2014). Already on the second day, they had a Polish airline signed an agreement on weekly flights to Puerto Plata. Also from Israel and Italy an increase in the number of tourists is now expected. The demand is that a number of hotels are modernized on the north coast to meet the higher comfort requirements of this new influx of tourists.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
This must be a different NC from the one I'm living.

I guess it must take some time before we see actual results of these tourism fairs and it would be interesting to see if there are any initiatives and/or tax breaks to allow the modernising of the hotels outside Playa Dorada.

I did visit the cruise port yesterday though and there's good progress there. Our hopes for 'The Monte Carlo of the Caribbean' for Sosua are still alive.
I think I'll buy up everything now while the going is slow!!
(As my RE contacts would advise.)

No, Really!...........

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
The plans are all done, here is the artists rendition, and Pichardo approved.

montecarlo.jpg

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
That's not the port, that's the new Sosua Beach. See the tree line?

The vendors will get moved to that tall gray building in Charimicos.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Already on the second day, they had a Polish airline signed an agreement on weekly flights to Puerto Plata.

no polish airline flies or has a plan to fly to POP. this is confirmed in in a conversation with ITAKA (travel agent) director. they fly to PUJ and will add one more flight to la romana. no additional flights to POP.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The demand is that a number of hotels are modernized on the north coast to meet the higher comfort requirements of this new influx of tourists.

All comedy aside. It might be easier to build new hotels.

I guess they are admitting that the current tourists are willing to put up with sub par accommodations.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is a lot of work done in playa dorada. jack tar renovated old construction and is putting up new building. hacienda bought a hotel there as well.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The plans are all done, here is the artists rendition, and Pichardo approved.

montecarlo.jpg

I can see that it's Sosua now. That big block behind the trees is currently the spooky derelict hotel that towers over the main road at Los Charamicos!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
That's not the port, that's the new Sosua Beach. See the tree line?

The vendors will get moved to that tall gray building in Charimicos.

Yes it's Sosua beach. Sorry I did not make that clear

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
there is a lot of work done in playa dorada. jack tar renovated old construction and is putting up new building. hacienda bought a hotel there as well.

And another developer doing the same thing East of JackTar in PD. Major renovation with additional new buildings on the beach.

JackTar is 7 floors. North Coast is changing Folks.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Man that's a long flight from Israel to POP for cheap hookers.
I mean..... Oy Vey that's a long shlep to schmooze with chicas in schlock Hotels.
Shalom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
And another developer doing the same thing East of JackTar in PD. Major renovation with additional new buildings on the beach.
JackTar is 7 floors. North Coast is changing Folks.

the idea is, i believe, to make it more condos, apartments and plain hotels (non AI) area. with additional restaurants, bars and facilities. jack tar sells expensive too.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes, that is correct. The 7 floor one I was referring to is the new Blue JackTar. The units will all have Maids Quarters, so probably fairly pricey.