Jarabacoa - Coming from Puerto Plata

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Are there any other options to get to Jarabacoa coming from Puerto Plata. Only thing I can think of is to take Caribe Tours to La Vega and try to time it just right to be able to transfer to the Caribe Tours bus coming from Santo Domingo going to Jarabacoa.

Or is there a guagua I can get in Santiago going to Jarabacoa?

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
I used to take Caribe to La Vega. The transfer caribe bus to Jarabacoa was often a long wait. When i was in a cheap mood I would try to find a decent guagua up to Jarabacoa. When in more generous mood i would take a taxi from La Vega to Jarabacoa about 400 pesos. No direct guagas from Santiago to Jarabacoa.. you have to do a transfer in La Vega.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I used to take Caribe to La Vega. The transfer caribe bus to Jarabacoa was often a long wait. When i was in a cheap mood I would try to find a decent guagua up to Jarabacoa. When in more generous mood i would take a taxi from La Vega to Jarabacoa about 400 pesos. No direct guagas from Santiago to Jarabacoa.. you have to do a transfer in La Vega.

Thanks, did you catch the guagua La Vega-Jarabacoa near the Caribe Tours bus depot?

400 pesos from Caribe Tours La Vega to town center of Jarabacoa? sounds real cheap.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The 400 pesos was the private taxi from La Vega up to Jarabacoa.

Wow, guess I am used to Santo Domingo taxi prices. That's a long haul especially up the mountain for only 400 pesos. I could probably luck out and time it just right but as you know if you miss the bus it will be a long wait at Caribe Tours La Vega.