Player "Discount Days"

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When you go into Playero and are approach the checkout counters, look to your right. Big sign regarding discount days for various products, such as meat and chicken (Wednesday, I think), fruit (I think Friday), processed meat, market basket, etc. Something for each day.

(Yes, I know the "o" was left off of Playero. But when I noticed it, it was too late. You can edit the text but not the title.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Yes they are trying to get ready for the very real completion they are going to face for the very first time later this summer. Now if they would lower their prices by 8- 10% to make them competitive that would also help.

Bob K

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
i will check meat prices on wednesday & see if the discounts are genuine ........ i only buy 2 meat products there & know the price exactly
watch this space!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I was in Playero this afternoon and checked on discounts on fruit. All the fruit was not discounted, but there were signs on the wooden bins in the center that the fruit in those bins was discounted 30%.

I assume that is how it is handled every day. Not everything in a category is discounted but a substantial discount on some of the items.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
and finally they now have loose veg that you can select and pay 'pro libre'.
This means no more having to buy far more than i need and then finding that at least one of the items is rotten :(

And they even have butternut squash for sale….one of my favourite vegetables!

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Yes they are trying to get ready for the very real completion they are going to face for the very first time later this summer. Now if they would lower their prices by 8- 10% to make them competitive that would also help.

Bob K

The Playero is going down for the count

...their days are numbered!!!

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
With the 35% discount on melons yesterday the price was at the level I pay every day elsewhere. When they put 10% discount on other items they are just bringing the price in line with everyday prices elsewhere.
I think they are going to be in for a shock when the new store opens.

Bob K

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
when i read the topic player discount days i thought it would be about how (players) living like if they had a discount hahah

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
patchy discounts on meat today ....... got 15% off ground beef but nothing off pork

not worth a special trip to get the different discounts everyday imho

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Dannon Yougurt Discounted 40% Today

Still time to stock up if you like Dannon yougurt

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If discounted 40% better check the expiration date. Probably outdated already or you need to consume it in the next 72 hours.
Counting the days....

Bob K

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If discounted 40% better check the expiration date. Probably outdated already or you need to consume it in the next 72 hours.
Counting the days....

Bob K

Sorry to disappoint you but it had 9 days from date of purchase.